solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform enabling businesses to create custom solutions for their financial needs. The core of the company is a fast and modern technology which makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build. With a full EU banking license, we combine agile engineering with the regulatory expertise of a fully licensed bank.
By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. FX, KYC.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 7+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
Work in Risk Controlling Department with a focus on Financial and Market Risk Management:
- The subject areas cover financial risk management, risk controlling and bank Controlling (Gesamtbanksteuerung).
- You will be part of the bank's risk management and controlling processes (identification, assessment, management, monitoring and communication).
- You will prepare risk reports and risk analyses.
- You will support the implementation of the assessment of the bank's overall risk profile.
- You will maintain existing and develop new methods for measuring financial risks (counterparty risk, interest rate risk, exchange rate risk, liquidity risk).
- You will be involved in the creation of new product processes, as well as the testing and implementation of new requirements for financial risk management and risk controlling.
- You are currently enrolled in the studies (Bachelors / Masters) of economics, business administration, finance, bank management or other similar fields.
- Knowledge of business and math and, preferably, advanced knowledge of statistics
- Ideally, experience in risk management, bank management or bank controlling (>1 year) via internships or vocational training.
- Initial exposure to banking law and standards during the course of your studies.
- Communication skills in English and German.
- IT savviness.
- Attention to detail, ability to work independently.
- Structured and analytical mindset.
- Team spirit.
- Able to work up to 20 hours per week.
- We aren't a traditional bank – rather a tech company with a banking license. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
At solarisBank, we are committed to nurture an inclusive environment, where all solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communicates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Information on data processing: