solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform enabling businesses to create custom solutions for their financial needs. The core of the company is a fast and modern technology which makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build. With a full EU banking license, we combine agile engineering with the regulatory expertise of a fully licensed bank.
By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. FX, KYC.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 7+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
We, the RISK & Data Team, are part of the risk management area of solarisBank and responsible for finding credit risk solutions for the loan product portfolio. Our main contact points and stakeholders within the company are credit risk management, product management, technology and legal & compliance.
You will work in our Risk & Data team and support the team to develop qualitative and quantitative approaches for measuring risk relevant for the bank (e.g. credit risk). Concrete tasks include for instance:
- You statistically analyze company and individual data.
- You validate used rating & scoring systems and support in the preparation of the final Validation Reports.
- You will take over small projects like the estimation of recovery indicators or the preparation of “Migration Analysis” of the different portfolios using actual data from the portfolio.
- You prepare Valuation Reports for different portfolios.
- You can support to develop qualitative foundations for credit rating systems especially for SME Lending.
- You can support to create and improve our current scoring systems for Consumer Lending.
- Educational background: Bachelor in Economics, Financial Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics.
- Currently enrolled in a Masters Degree Program.
- Available to work 20 hours per week in Berlin.
- First professional experience internships and working student employments.
- Profound knowledge in Statistics and Econometrics preferably in the financial sector.
- Knowledge in a statistical programming language (R or Python).
- Preferably first experience in performing data analyses.
- We aren't a traditional bank – rather a tech company with a banking license. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
At solarisBank, we are committed to nurture an inclusive environment, where all solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communicates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Information on data processing: