By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. FX, KYC.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 7+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
Our international team of 250+ colleagues combines digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience. Whether you're a full-stack developer, banker or astronaut, if you're ready to change banking, reach out to us. We love what we do and love our team.
Tech together with Product is the agile heartbeat of the company. As engineers, we collaborate end-2-end within the company to build great products for our partners and their end customers. It is our pride to build state of the art, elegant, straightforward software and it is our professional ambition to deliver value in high quality as early as possible in a sustainable way.
solarisBank is divided in 5 business units, each of them responsible for one slice of the overall product offering and into horizontal teams that work on cross-cutting topics.
One of those cross-cutting teams is the architecture team, which works from within the engineering teams to drive the global architecture.
As an AWS Architect, you provide architecture/technical direction and leadership to the entire engineering department. You join Product Development Teams for multiple months (but for a limited time on purpose) to commit to delivery goals and OKRs, deliver the teams roadmap, drive the evolution of the team-architecture together with the team and incorporate lessons learned to refine the global architecture. You derive impactful and far reaching architectural initiatives and topics from that process and implement them together with the teams and your fellow architects.
As an AWS Architect, you…
- Own and drive the solarisBank Cloud strategy.
- Drive and guide the ongoing, full migration into AWS
- Provide architectural / technical guidance and set standards on how we design and implement our AWS usage
- Help Engineers grow in their craft and how to make the best use of the AWS ecosystem
- Lead and align the overall/global architecture vision and strategy and implement it with your fellow architects from within the teams.
- Participate in architectural discussions, regularly propose, discuss and prototype solutions on how we build your products and architecture on AWS.
- Ensure that product and architecture strategy match and reinforce each other. You make sure that your strategies strike the right balance between elegance, simplicity and pragmatism.
Who you are
- You have comprehensive experiences in the areas of AWS Architecture, Systems architecture and software engineering.
You know the in's and out's of of key AWS topics like IAM, kubernetes, fargate, multi account setup, multi region setup etc.
- Ideally, you have hands on experience in guiding and migrating a live platform from an on premise setup to an AWS environment (microservice architecture, networking, dynamic scaling, cost effective/aware ...)
Have a expert understanding of modern information technology and feel comfortable in working within our overall Tech Stack: AWS, Docker, Microservices, Ruby, Golang, Elixir, Phoenix, React.js, MySQL, Postgres, Redis, Concourse, Github, Prometheus.
- Have a deep understanding of agile and lean processes and embrace end-2-end ownership.
Prefer to prove your ideas by trying them out and measuring their impact. You accept failure is a vital part of that process.
Are fun to work with and you actively contribute to our company culture.
Have a strong will and ability to learn fast and you are able to explain complex matters to different audiences.
You communicate well in written and verbal English
What we value
- Collaboration: we put ideas before ego and leverage the expertise of our peers
- Dedication: we go the extra mile to perfect our craft
- Impact: we're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one
- Transparency: we share our knowledge and communicate genuinely with each other
- Responsibility: we own what we do and actively seize opportunities to improve
- Flexibility: we're open-minded and see change as a chance
- We are a tech company with a banking license and we change banking forever. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Learning budget for conferences, books and everything you need to grow
- Clear learning framework to support your career goals
- Flexible hours
- Possibility to work from home
You shouldn't be able to match all of this, unicorns are for fairy tales. Let's get in touch, we will support you in your growth!
At solarisBank, we are committed to nurture an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communicates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: solarisBank does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, solarisBanks’ employees or any other venture in our ecosystem. solarisBank is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.