By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. FX, KYC.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 7+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
Our international team of 200+ colleagues combines digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience. Whether you're a full-stack developer, banker or astronaut, if you're ready to change banking, reach out to us. We love what we do and love our team.
Tech together with Product is the agile heartbeat of the company. As engineers, we collaborate end-2-end within the company to build great products for our partners and their end customers. It is our pride to build state of the art, elegant, straightforward software and it is our professional ambition to deliver value in high quality as early as possible in a sustainable way.
As Head of Cyber Security you are responsible for establishing and maintaining the overarching vision, strategy, architecture, and a multi-year security roadmap ensuring that the solarisBanks‘ information assets are adequately protected. You lead and develop a team to establish and expand solarisBanks‘ cyber security operations, enablement, and performance. You will report directly into the CTO and will work closely with Functional Heads and MDs at solarisBank.
A key element of this role is communicating and owning the security agenda at a strategic level. As the Cyber Security champion you are charged with evangelizing security across solarisBank to drive adoption of security best practices.
- Develop, mentor, and manage a high performing staff of information security professionals
- responsible for establishing/managing the growth of cyber security operations across the company, providing guidance on, processes, reporting, enablement.
- Identify, evaluate and report on information security risks, practices and projects to the Executive Committee and the Extended Management Board.
- Provide subject matter expertise on security standards and best practices
- Lead the development of up-to-date information security policies, procedures, standards and guidelines, and oversee their approval, dissemination, and maintenance
- Establish annual and long-range security and compliance goals, define security strategies, metrics, reporting mechanisms and program services; and create maturity models and a roadmap for continual program improvements.
- Act as the champion for the enterprise information security program and foster a security-aware culture.
- Lead the development of up-to-date information security policies, procedures, standards and guidelines, and oversee their approval, dissemination, and maintenance.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance in assessing and evaluating information security risks and monitor compliance with security standards and appropriate policies.
- Oversee the evaluation, selection and implementation of information security solutions that are innovative, cost-effective, and minimally disruptive.
- Partner with enterprise architects, infrastructure, and engineering teams to ensure that technologies are developed and maintained according to security policies and guidelines. Constantly examine impacts of new technologies on solarisBanks‘ overall information security.
- Manage regular intrusion detection and vulnerability reporting, internal and external IT audit groups reviews, and the coordination of all required fixes.
- Monitor the industry and external environment for emerging threats and advise relevant stakeholders on appropriate courses of action.
- Knowledgeable about modern security related subjects and trends including security vulnerabilities, exploits, malware and digital forensics
- Oversee incident response planning and the investigation of security breaches, and assist with any associated disciplinary, public relations and legal matters
- Oversee and lead the creation, communication and implementation of a process for managing vendor risk and other third party risk.
- Devise and manage regular simulated cyber attacks to check for exploitable vulnerabilities such as unsanitized inputs that are susceptible to code injection attacks.
Who you are
- Minimum 10 years of IT and/or business leadership experience, and 5+ years of information security/cybersecurity experience.
- A proven track record in developing information security policies and procedures, and successful execution.
- Able to communicate security and risk-related concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences (in business terms), including board level.
- A natural influencer and coalition builder; passionate about building high performing teams. Ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary matrix teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals; an innovative leader, problem solver and consultant.
- Ability to evangelize IT security to make it a critical part of business operations; build trust and respect for the security function.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills. '
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure situations.
- Knowledge of security, risk and control frameworks and standards such as ISO 27001 and 27002, SANS-CAG, NIST, FISMA, COBIT, COSO and ITIL.
- Understanding of cloud, SaaS, and IoT architectures, and their implications on information security strategy.
- Technical acumen including but not limited to: OSI, IT infrastructure, cloud, application development languages, tools and frameworks, database technologies, web technologies, next gen mobile, network architecture, enterprise architecture, and directory services.
- Security technology acumen and experience including but not limited to: firewall, intrusion detection, cyber-attack tools and defenses, encryption, certificate authority, web filtering, anti-malware, anti-phishing, identity and access management, multi factor authentication.
- Professional certifications, such as a CISSP, CISM, CISA
- Experience building and managing a red team
What we value
- Collaboration: we put ideas before ego and leverage the expertise of our peers
- Dedication: we go the extra mile to perfect our craft
- Impact: we're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one
- Transparency: we share our knowledge and communicate genuinely with each other
- Responsibility: we own what we do and actively seize opportunities to improve
- Flexibility: we're open-minded and see change as a chance
- We are a tech company with a banking license and we change banking forever. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Learning budget for conferences, books and everything you need to grow
- Clear learning framework to support your career goals
- Flexible hours
- Possibility to work from home
You shouldn't be able to match all of this, unicorns are for fairy tales. Let's get in touch, we will support you in your growth!
At solarisBank, we are committed to nurture an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communicates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: solarisBank does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, solarisBanks’ employees or any other venture in our ecosystem. solarisBank is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Information on data processing: