By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. FX, KYC.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 7+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
Our international team of 200+ colleagues combines digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience. Whether you're a full-stack developer, banker or astronaut, if you're ready to change banking, reach out to us. We love what we do and love our team.
Tech together with Product is the agile heartbeat of the company. As engineers, we collaborate end-2-end within the company to build great products for our partners and their end customers. It is our pride to build state of the art, elegant, straightforward software and it is our professional ambition to deliver value in high quality as early as possible in a sustainable way.
The Cyber Security engineering team is a new function within solarisBank. The team is focused on cyber security and quality control within the IT infrastructure. This includes designing, building and defending scalable, secure, and robust systems; helping the organization understand advanced cyber threats; and helping to create strategies to protect our infrastructure.
As a Cyber Security Engineer you will develop and implement tools to assist in detection, prevention and analysis of security threats. You will work with your team and Head of Cyber Security to run awareness training of the workforce on information security standards, policies and best practices, implement protections and investigate security breaches.
- Triage, analyze and investigate security issues reported to solarisBank AG
- Analyze issues and pivot off available data to discover new threats
- Develop and carry out information security plans and policies
- Develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach
- Act as a subject matter expert and providing guidance to engineering teams regarding mitigations to emerging threats
- Conduct regular Vulnerability scanning to solarisBanks‘ infrastructure and report findings tot he ap;icable stalehodlers
- Conduct periodic network scans to find any vulnerability
- Monitor networks and systems for security breaches, through the use of software that detects intrusions and anomalous system behavior
- Conduct penetration testing, simulating an attack on the system to find exploitable weaknesses
- Installation and use of firewalls, data encryption and other security products and procedures
- Assist platform team in certifying AWS AMI’s for rehydrations
- Create, Communicate and implement of a process for managing vendor risk and other third party risk.
- Lead incident response, including steps to minimize the impact and then conducting a technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage
Who you are
- Strong communication skills, particularly written communication
- Ability to track and manage numerous parallel activities
- Deep understanding of security vulnerabilities
- Experience building tools and automation
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Ability to explain security problems
You should have a firm grasp in:
- Endpoint security solutions, including file integrity monitoring and data loss prevention
- AWS and cloud platform as a service (PaaS) security
- Automating security testing tools
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- CISA – Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- CISM – Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- ISSAP – Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP)
- ISSEP – Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
What we value
- Collaboration: we put ideas before ego and leverage the expertise of our peers
- Dedication: we go the extra mile to perfect our craft
- Impact: we're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one
- Transparency: we share our knowledge and communicate genuinely with each other
- Responsibility: we own what we do and actively seize opportunities to improve
- Flexibility: we're open-minded and see change as a chance
- We are a tech company with a banking license and we change banking forever. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Learning budget for conferences, books and everything you need to grow
- Clear learning framework to support your career goals
- Flexible hours
- Possibility to work from home
You shouldn't be able to match all of this, unicorns are for fairy tales. Let's get in touch, we will support you in your growth!
At solarisBank, we are committed to nurture an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communicates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: solarisBank does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, solarisBanks’ employees or any other venture in our ecosystem. solarisBank is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Information on data processing: