solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform enabling businesses to create custom solutions for their financial needs. The core of the company is a fast and modern technology which makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build. With a full EU banking license, we combine agile engineering with the regulatory expertise of a fully licensed bank.
By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. KYC - Know Your Customer (Identity).
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active cross-boarder in Europe, passported our banking license in 10 countries and reach over 2,5 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received 95.1M € of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
This critical role is focused on all people related matters. The role is ideal for a generalist with a proven track record looking to bring best practices and have a profound impact on a growing team. You will be part of our Senior Management Team. Although we already have implemented a lot of cool stuff, such as the values, the learning framework or 360 feedbacks amongst others there is a huge playground left.
As a VP of People & Organization (P&O), your role will be to champion solarisBank’s people function. You will contribute to building and managing the solaris overall strategy while owning and executing the P&O strategy. Furthermore you will prepare and participate in the Human Resource and Compensation Committee meetings of the supervisory board.
You collaborate with all teams of solaris and play a key role in developing and iterating people centric tools and processes in order to ensure a great employee experience along the employee lifecycle. In our matrix structure you act as a change agent and consultant for organizational design. Leaders trust you and seek your advice on people topics. As one data point for the leadership development serves the yearly 360 degree feedback which is conducted by P&O.
You will also work closely with Legal or Risk for topics like ESOP or the remuneration strategy in order to ensure the P&O department does comply with legal regulations. This includes the monitoring of the ratio of variable and fix as well as the organization and preparation of the Salary and Promotion Committees twice a year.
The P&O Team has grown from 1 to 8 people, over the past 2 years. It’s a very open, collaborative and intercultural team. You help them reshape the strategy for the their different areas of responsibilities and develop everyone based on her/his needs. A set of Objectives and Key Results helps the team and the company to understand where the focus of the P&O team for the next 3 months is.
You know the relevant KPIs for a people department and monitor as well as manage the operational excellence in all P&O sub-areas. You ensure that measures are derived from our Bi-Monthly pulse check on a company as well as team level. Workplace safety, incidents and escalations are handled by you in collaboration with your own team and our colleagues from Risk Management.
3. Key Requirements:
- You’ve lead a cross-disciplinary P&O Team or a team in a sub areas for more than 5 years
- You’ve studied psychology, business administration, sociology or comparable
- Ideally you have experiences with working with applicable regulators such as BaFin and Bundesbank
- You know what it means to influence cultures in a fast scaling contexts and matrix set-ups
- You are known for your analytical-, project management- and self-organization skills
- You are fluent in German and English at the same time
- Toolingwise you are experienced with: Windows, personell management tools (Like SAP or Personio), recruiting tools (like Greenhouse), and others.
- Ability to work in both German and English languages
4. The solaris offer
- We aren't a traditional bank but rather a tech company with a banking license. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
At solarisBank, we are committed to nurture an inclusive environment, where all solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communicates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Information on data processing: