solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform enabling businesses to create custom solutions for their financial needs. The core of the company is a fast and modern technology which makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build. With a full EU banking license, we combine agile engineering with the regulatory expertise of a fully licensed bank.
By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. FX, KYC.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 7+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
2. Industry Background
Traditionally, banks have controlled the entire processing operations and sat behind opaque regulatory walls. However, thanks to the ongoing digital revolution, the banking landscape is being disrupted by fintech players who are claiming back pieces of the value chain. Fintech has already evolved from startups that want to take on incumbents, to a broader ecosystem of businesses in different sectors looking to expand their capabilities and best serve their end user base. Likewise, incumbents need new approaches to drive change and deliver innovation, so holistic propositions are increasingly valuable and disruptive to the sector.
solarisBank have explicitly adjusted to the needs of the digital economy and turned the paradigm of traditional banking upside down by combining technical innovation with regulation. We emphasize technological innovation over banking and provide an open Application Programming Interface (API) that offers partners a range of modern services, allowing third parties to access all areas of the bank system and build new services based on the platform, facilitating considerable innovation.
A large portion of our partner base today are fintech companies who rely on solarisBank’s platform and license to operate. There is a remarkable demand for our services in other sectors as well, such as eCommerce, digital giants and telecommunications companies who seek to enhance their customer offering with additional services and monetize their significant customer bases by claiming larger portions of the consumer commerce experience. solarisBank’s solution also caters to traditional banks who can leverage our cutting-edge technologies and innovate at pace. The market opportunity is considerable and solarisBank is uniquely poised to continue disrupting financial services.
This critical role is focused on Partner Success Management. The role is ideal for a subject matter expert looking to bring best practices to and have a profound impact on a growing team. You will report to our CCO and lead our Partner Success team.
In this role you will lead a team whose purpose is to retain and grow relationships with our business partners across all product lines, thus directly contributing to the yearly financial performance of the company by securing recurring revenue.
This leadership role also includes the retention and growth of each team member through guidance and regular feedback (communicated namely in the course of regular development talks, and in accordance with the company’s Learning Framework)
Your role will be to champion solarisBank’s Partner Success function. You will play a key role in building and managing the strategy and the capabilities of the team.
You will provide subject matter expertise in Partner Success Management and will be key in guiding colleagues across solarisBank to ensure that our business goals are reached.
- Provide immediate attention & guidance to a team of professionals. Ensure the team is adequately staffed in order to address the needs of each Business Unit when it comes to managing relationships with our business partners. Defines function requirements, conduct interviews, onboards new joiners.
- Create and continuously optimize a lean and efficient operational structure to maintain our competitive advantage in the FinTech industry.
- Foster a collaborative relationship with cross functional teams, working together to address the partner’s needs.
- Define the Partner Success team’s vision and set its yearly and quarterly objectives (functional OKRs). Promote the principles of Customer Success Management.
- Provide regular or ad-hoc reporting to the Commercial Organization and/or the Executive Management Board on the health of our client base across all product lines.
- Ensure opportunities detected within live accounts are qualified and progress towards account expansion. Ensure retention of annual recurring revenue (ARR) across all product lines. Assess churn cases to ensure the organization continuously improves.
- Ensure the Partner Success team’s compliance with various requirements and policies set by internal stakeholders (Risk, Compliance, IT Security, P&O). Disciplinary leadership.
- Retain and grow talent within the team, promote the Learning Framework as well as the company’s core Values, provide coaching and feedback when needed, remove blockers for the team and each team member.
- Bachelor degree or higher. Familiar with financial technologies and/or the banking industry by education or experience.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a customer-facing role managing business relationships with international customers in a technology or financial services company, preferably in an Account Management or Customer Success role.
- At least 2 year of relevant experience in successfully building and leading a customer-facing team in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Experience working with Product and Engineering within cross-functional teams.
The solaris offer
- We aren't a traditional bank but rather a tech company with a banking license. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
At solarisBank, we are committed to nurture an inclusive environment, where all solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communicates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Information on data processing: