solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform enabling businesses to create custom solutions for their financial needs. The core of the company is a fast and modern technology which makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build. With a full EU banking license, we combine agile engineering with the regulatory expertise of a fully licensed bank.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 7+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
Our international team of 200+ colleagues combines digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience. Whether you're a full-stack developer, banker or astronaut, if you're ready to change banking, reach out to us. We love what we do and love our team.
Tech together with Product is the agile heartbeat of the company. As engineers, we collaborate end-2-end within the company to build great products for our partners and their end customers. It is our pride to build state of the art, elegant, straightforward software and it is our professional ambition to deliver value in high quality as early as possible in a sustainable way.
solarisBank is divided in 5 business units, each of them responsible for one slice of the overall product offering and into horizontal teams that work on cross-cutting topics.
One of those cross-cutting teams is the architecture team, which works from within the engineering teams to drive the global architecture.
As an Architect, you provide architecture/technical direction and leadership to the entire engineering department. You join Product Development Teams for multiple months (but for a limited time on purpose) to commit to delivery goals and OKRs, deliver the teams roadmap, drive the evolution of the team-architecture together with the team and incorporate lessons learned to refine the global architecture. You derive impactful and far reaching architectural initiatives and topics from that process and implement them together with the teams and your fellow architects.
As an Architect, you…
- Provide architectural / technical guidance to Engineers and Product Development Teams, as well as to Engineering Managers, Product Owners and Business Unit Heads
- Help Engineers grow in their craft
- Lead and align the overall/global architecture vision and strategy and implement it from within the teams.
- Your work improves things shared between teams.
- Drive and collaboratively build the macro / global architecture
- Foster reuse & homogeneity
- Balance dependencies
- Gear towards effective feature delivery
- Drive and evolve the global architecture vision/direction and ensure it empowers the teams to effectively build our products.
Drive the departments overarching topics roadmap
- Participate in architectural discussions, regularly propose, discuss and prototype solutions to a system or product.
- Ensure that product and architecture strategy match and reinforce each other. You make sure that your strategies strike the right balance between elegance, simplicity and pragmatism.
Who you are
Have a expert understanding of modern information technology and feel comfortable in working within our overall Tech Stack: Docker, Microservices, Ruby, Golang, Elixir, Phoenix, React.js, MySQL, Postgres, Redis, Concourse, Github, Prometheus, AWS.
- Have comprehensive experiences in the areas of Backend / APIs and Frontend / JS as well as System Design or DevOps
- Gathered deep work experience as a software developer in a dynamic company environment leading and shaping a team of peers
Have a deep understanding of agile and lean processes and embrace end-2-end ownership.
Prefer to prove your ideas by trying them out and measuring their impact. You accept failure is a vital part of that process.
Are fun to work with and you actively contribute to our company culture.
Have a strong will and ability to learn fast and you are able to explain complex matters to different audiences.
You communicate well in written and verbal English, German is a plus
What we value
- Collaboration: we put ideas before ego and leverage the expertise of our peers
- Dedication: we go the extra mile to perfect our craft
- Impact: we're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one
- Transparency: we share our knowledge and communicate genuinely with each other
- Responsibility: we own what we do and actively seize opportunities to improve
- Flexibility: we're open-minded and see change as a chance
- We are a tech company with a banking license and we change banking forever. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Learning budget for conferences, books and everything you need to grow
- Clear learning framework to support your career goals
- Flexible hours
- Possibility to work from home
You shouldn't be able to match all of this, unicorns are for fairy tales. Let's get in touch, we will support you in your growth!
At solarisBank, we are committed to nurture an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communicates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: solarisBank does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, solarisBanks’ employees or any other venture in our ecosystem. solarisBank is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Information on data processing: