solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform enabling businesses to create custom solutions for their financial needs. The core of the company is a fast and modern technology which makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build. With a full EU banking license, we combine agile engineering with the regulatory expertise of a fully licensed bank.
By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. FX, KYC.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 7+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
The Product organization is made up of highly skilled, passionate and, energetic product subject matter experts. You are charged to lead, mentor and empower to maximize this team’s productivity and quality of work. You will continue to foster a culture of automation and strategic excellence.
You will recognize good performance and set clear career development paths your team. Along with your team, you will be a major influencer(s) of the tech and product vision at solarisBank.
Upon joining the business, you will invest significant time immersing yourself in all aspects of the business, the platform and product architecture and establish strong working relationships across the business whilst ascertaining critical needs.
On a daily basis you will help the team to:
- Know what’s important: you will empower them with skills to understand where to focus attention and how to look for deficiencies impacting the core of the product and delivery. More importantly, how to always improve our product development methodologies.
- Communicate clearly and effectively. You will guide the team to communicate within the product organization but also cross-units and cross-function. You empower your direct reports to distill the important information from/to stakeholders.
- Live the solarisBank Values: As a leader, you act as a champion and ensure the team is staying true to our values and core principles
- Lead & manage a team of 10-15 product management experts, maintaining and building a high-performance agile product management culture
- You allocate product resources according to business needs and shift capacities where needed
- Establish the best team setup to fulfil strategic goals in collaboration with other functional heads
- Foster innovation and experimentation in contemporary product management methodologies, whilst delivering products that meet or exceed partner requirements
- Assess, coach, mentor and train team members to help grow their personal careers
- Define challenging objectives and key results together with the team and monitor progress, eliminate roadblocks and prevent distractions
- Constantly evaluate and improve processes and agile workflows
- Collaborate across the organization to support company initiatives
- Define a methodology and appropriate tooling to rapidly scale new product features and platforms
- Establish the critical KPI’s and data assets to support engineering delivery and management
- Seasoned product management professional with proven experience in the product development area.
- Strong analytical background; leveraging data to support user-driven and research-based decision making to create positive product experiences
- Great leader and amazing coach who is always inspiring team members to perform at high levels
- Experience building and growing product teams from ground up and effective agile processes that keep everyone aligned on mission
- Ability to evangelize the product/industry at major FinTech conferences as a speaker
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and OKRs (Objectives, Key Results) or KPI (Key Performance Indicators) planning.
The solaris offer
- We aren't a traditional bank but rather a tech company with a banking license. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
At solarisBank, we are committed to nurture an inclusive environment, where all solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communicates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.