By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. FX, KYC.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 7+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
Our international team of 250+ colleagues combines digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience. Whether you're a full-stack developer, banker or astronaut, if you're ready to change banking, reach out to us. We love what we do and love our team.
Tech together with Product is the agile heartbeat of the company. As engineers, we collaborate end-2-end within the company to build great products for our partners and their end customers. It is our pride to build state of the art, elegant, straightforward software and it is our professional ambition to deliver value in high quality as early as possible in a sustainable way.
You will work in one of the following team:
- The Digital Banking team, which owns the management of digital banking accounts and money transactions between them
- The Cards team, which owns the API for issuing credit cards and processing transactions
- The Identity team, which owns the flow to legally verify the identity of end customers
- The Payments team, which enables businesses to receive and perform payments using our API
- The Blockchain Factory team, which shapes our crypto banking platform and develops products on top of it
Depending on your level of experience, your responsibilities and scope of role will range. We don’t care much about fancy titles, but rather about real personal and professional development, as laid out in our learning framework. Let’s figure together out how you can contribute to our team.
As a Ruby Engineer you will:
- Ensure on-time delivery of new API endpoints
- Maintain and evolve existing API functionalities
- Deliver quality code in an efficient manner
- Take end-to-end ownership of our fleet of microservices
- Contribute to our infrastructure and automation tools
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, agile coaches and product owners
- Mentor teammates with less experience than you
Who you are
- You have proven experience with Ruby
- Ideally you have profound experience with AWS
- You understand agile workflows and lean principles
- You are a proactive peer and help the growth of your team
- You are a curious, constant learner and share your learnings with others
- You know how to keep a work-life balance
- You communicate well in written and verbal English, German is a plus
- You can work with infrastructure tools like Docker and Concourse
- You can translate tech topics to a business audience
What we value
- Collaboration: we put ideas before ego and leverage the expertise of our peers
- Dedication: we go the extra mile to perfect our craft
- Impact: we're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one
- Transparency: we share our knowledge and communicate genuinely with each other
- Responsibility: we own what we do and actively seize opportunities to improve
- Flexibility: we're open-minded and see change as a chance
- We are a tech company with a banking license and we change banking forever. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Learning budget for conferences, books and everything you need to grow
- Clear learning framework to support your career goals
- Flexible hours
- Possibility to work from home
You shouldn't be able to match all of this, unicorns are for fairy tales. Let's get in touch, we will support you in your growth!
At solarisBank, we are committed to nurture an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communicates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: solarisBank does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, solarisBanks’ employees or any other venture in our ecosystem. solarisBank is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Information on data processing: