solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform enabling businesses to create custom solutions for their financial needs. The core of the company is a fast and modern technology which makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build. With a full EU banking license, we combine agile engineering with the regulatory expertise of a fully licensed bank.
By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. FX, KYC.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 7+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
As a key member of the senior management team, your role as Business Unit Head of Payments will be critical to the success of solarisBank. In this role you are responsible for the full spectrum of the payments area and contribute to the overarching strategy of solarisBank. Part of this spectrum is the P&L as well as the products and the right assignments of any kind of resources. This you will do based on a business unit strategy geared to solarisBank’s sustainable development.
In general the Payments Unit at solarisBank handles all partner business models that require a single bank account that has mass incoming and outgoing transactions and need a regulatory umbrella to receive, hold and disburse funds. The cross-functional team consist of various roles like Business Development, Sales, Account Management, Risk, Compliance, Legal, Product Management and Development. Within the unit we operate two different products, the one being solely for collecting and disbursing funds in a highly automated way, while the 2nd one supports international money remittance transfers. For our partners we take the burden to operate their own banking license, which they would require to operate their business model.
- Designs the overall unit strategy and the business case
- Full ownership of the P&L responsibility
- Financial controlling as well as budget planning processes
- Keep track of the NPS of the respective product offerings
- Managing the Units quarterly OKRs and ensure alignment with the overall company scorecard
- Ensuring operational excellence within the Business Unit
- Creating a successful cross-functional team and do proper resource planning
- Representation of the Business Unit to external parties
- Full compliance with operational risk management & business continuity management processes for the responsible departments.
- Significant work experience relevant to the finance and tech industry
- Knowledge of payment schemes like SEPA, SWIFT and other local European schemes
- General knowledge about the banking networks, products and operations
- Extensive market knowledge of the respective domain
- Awareness and knowledge of regulatory requirements of financial institutions like PSD2
- 3+ years leadership/management experience with cross-functional teams
- Experience in working with Tech and Product
- Experience in deal negotiations
- English speaking
- You are inspirational and visionary and get people to walk down the same path
- Experience cultivating an environment of strategic excellence.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders, building strategic relationships across and outside of the organization to achieve business goals.
The solaris offer
- We aren't a traditional bank but rather a tech company with a banking license. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
At solarisBank, we are committed to nurture an inclusive environment, where all solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communicates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.