solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform enabling businesses to create custom solutions for their financial needs. The core of the company is a fast and modern technology which makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build. With a full EU banking license, we combine agile engineering with the regulatory expertise of a fully licensed bank.
By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. FX, KYC.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 7+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
As a Working Student Ruby Engineer, you will work closely with the Engineers in your team to build a state of the art API product on top of a modern technological ecosystem that is consistent, highly usable, reliable and performant. You should have a good knowledge of Ruby development. Don’t worry…we will help you learn and grow!
We as DigitalBanking team (named T-Rex) are responsible for creating a modern transactional API solution for banking applications in Ruby. We are an international group of people working in an agile way, convinced by the importance of continuous integration, pair programming and TDD. We are in charge of multiple critical services that involves a dedicated monitoring solution.
As Professional Ruby Engineer you:
- work in one of our small, autonomous, self-organized scrum development teams in order to create, develop, maintain backend/frontend products and services
- assist in shaping the overall product architecture of the team
- create, develop and maintain backend/frontend services, infrastructure and tooling that help the team and organization to accelerate and automate infrastructure and processes along the way
- optimize systems for maximum performance and proactively pay attention to scalability, performance and availability of our systems
- 1+ Years using Ruby as a main language.
- You have an understanding of modern information technology and agile processes
- You feel comfortable in working within our overall Teck Stack: Docker, Microservices, Ruby, Grape, Golang, Elixir, Phoenix, React.js, MySQL, Postgres, Redis, Concourse, Github, Prometheus, AWS
- You are fun to work with and you actively contribute to our company culture
- You have the strong will and ability to learn fast
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus
At solarisBank, we are committed to nurture an inclusive environment, where all solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communicates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of colour, race, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.