Rating Manager (f/m/div) at solarisBank AG
solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform. Our goal is to empower finance pioneers - anyone who wants to build something new with banking services. The core of the company is fast, modern technology that makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build with. We see ourselves as a tech company with a full banking license. Our international team of 190+ colleagues combine digital focus, tech expertise and banking experience. Whether you're a full-stack developer, banker or astronaut, if you're ready to change banking, reach out to us. We love what we do and love our team.
The purpose and responsibilities of the risk management team at solarisBank are to deliver risk solutions that bring the organization a competitive edge regarding accurate, robust and efficient risk management, whilst improving the bank’s contribution margin. These are ensured via various practices carried out such as financial risk management, operational risk management, business continuity management and outsourcing management, among others.
The Risk Management team focuses on the following areas:
- Risk Controlling
- Information Security
- Risk and Data
We as part of the risk management area of solarisBank are responsible for finding credit risk solutions for the loan product portfolio. Our main contact points within the company are credit risk management, product management, technology and legal & compliance.
You will work in our Risk & Data team and develop qualitative and quantitative approaches for measuring risk relevant for the bank (e.g. credit risk). Concrete tasks include for instance:
- You develop qualitative foundations for credit rating systems especially for SME Lending.
- You create and improve our current scoring systems for Consumer Lending.
- You validate ongoing our current rating & scoring systems fullfilling regulatory requirements.
- You statistically analyse company and individual data.
- You develop and document innovative approaches for evaluating quantitative data such as cash-flow, balance sheets, account and other data sets.
- You explore the outside world of solarisBank for new and additional data sources.
- You manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Educational background in Economics, Financial Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics.
- >5 years of professional experience (including internships and working student employments).
- First practical experience gained in a credit rating agency, a banking rating unit or in the field of financial services transfer pricing would be a plus.
- Profound knowledge in Statistics and Econometrics preferably in the financial sector.
- At least basic knowledge in a statistical programming language (R, Python, SPSS or Stata or similar).
- Preferably experience in performing data analyses of firm or individual data.
- Preferably first practical experiences in banking regulation and financial accounting.
- We aren't a traditional bank – rather a tech company with a banking license. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.