By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. FX, KYC.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 7+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
Our international team of 250+ colleagues combines digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience. Whether you're a full-stack developer, banker or astronaut, if you're ready to change banking, reach out to us. We love what we do and love our team.
Tech together with Product is the agile heartbeat of the company. As engineers, we collaborate end-2-end within the company to build great products for our partners and their end customers. It is our pride to build state of the art, elegant, straightforward software and it is our professional ambition to deliver value in high quality as early as possible in a sustainable way.
solarisBank is divided in 5 business units, each of them responsible for one slice of the overall product offering. Each unit is a cross-functional team of people, from tech and product to risk and sales. Each unit contains two or more product development teams. Around the units exist functional teams that help solarisBank accelerate as a people organisation. As an Engineering Manager you'll sit at the intersection of units and functional leadership by leading one or two product development teams (depending on your seniority) with full management responsibilities.
Depending on your level of experience, your responsibilities and scope of role will change. We don’t care much about fancy titles, but rather about real professional development and impact, as laid out in our learning framework. Let’s figure out together how you can best bring in your expertise and contribute to our team.
As an Engineering Manager:
- You manage one or two teams of software engineers who build the products and frameworks that make our entire platform
- You own and drive overarching, impactful topics in tech and beyond to success
- You own the entire product engineering process and and ensure industry-leading engineering practices and methodologies
- You ensure on-time delivery of the product roadmap with an end-to-end view
- You are the interface between strategy and delivery. You will be working with the leadership team and translate directives to your teams as actionable tasks and deliverables.
- You grow your engineers in their craft and as people. You ensure your teams stay happy, healthy and productive
- You attract, excite and retain a team of best-in-class engineers
Who you are
- You have multiple years experience in leading cross-functional and multicultural teams
- You have a seasoned background in software engineering, agile coaching background is a plus
- Ideally you have profound experience with AWS
- You have the strong ability to prioritize for achievability, deliver on deadlines and drive closures
- You have strong organizational and communication skills in written and verbal English
- You are a mentor and role model. You lead your teams by example
- You prefer to prove your ideas by trying them out and measuring their impact
- You recognize failure as an essential component of any learning process
- You have a deep understanding of agile workflows and lean principles
- You are a proactive peer and help the growth of your team
- You are a curious, constant learner and share your learnings with others
- You are active in the technical community (organizing, speaking, mentoring etc.)
- You have failed spectacularly (in business or life), stood by it and have grown because of it
What we value
- Collaboration: we put ideas before ego and leverage the expertise of our peers
- Dedication: we go the extra mile to perfect our craft
- Impact: we're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one
- Transparency: we share our knowledge and communicate genuinely with each other
- Responsibility: we own what we do and actively seize opportunities to improve
- Flexibility: we're open-minded and see change as a chance
- We are a tech company with a banking license and we change banking forever. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Learning budget for conferences, books and everything you need to grow
- Clear learning framework to support your career goals
- Flexible hours
- Possibility to work from home
You shouldn't be able to match all of this, unicorns are for fairy tales. Let's get in touch, we will support you in your growth!
At solarisBank, we are committed to nurture an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communicates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: solarisBank does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, solarisBanks’ employees or any other venture in our ecosystem. solarisBank is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Information on data processing: