solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform. Our goal is to empower finance pioneers - anyone who wants to build something new with banking services. The core of the company is fast, modern technology that makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build with. We see ourselves as a tech company with a full banking license.
Our international team of 180+ colleagues combines digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience. Whether you're a full-stack developer, banker or astronaut, if you're ready to change banking, reach out to us. We love what we do and love our team.
Our Tech team together with Product is the agile heartbeat of the company. As engineers, we collaborate end-2-end within the company to build great products for our partners and their end customers. It is our pride to build state of the art, elegant, straightforward software and it is our professional ambition to deliver value in high quality as early as possible in a sustainable way.
As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will work in a close-knit team of experienced engineers to design and develop a modern, flexible and automated a self-service infrastructure platform that enables our product development teams to quickly build, deploy and operate their applications.
Our Platform Engineers are pioneering the tech department in terms of 1st level on-call shifts for all our products and work on establishing a YBI;YRI culture.
The Platform Team runs and develops the technological infrastructure of all solarisBank applications. The team's responsibilities stretch from classical systems engineering over running and maintaining our CI systems, provide tooling around container orchestration, persistence and service discovery to internal support and training for other tech teams. On top of that, the team drives architectural initiatives within Tech.
The main tech stack of the team is Docker, Ansible, Golang as well as a row of HashiCorp tools like Consul, Nomad, Terraform or Vault.
As Senior Platform Engineer you:
- You work in solarisBank's Platform Team and create, develop and maintain our platform- and infrastructure-products and services
- You take responsibility and ownership for the central infrastructures that carry solarisBank's products, and you continuously work to improve them
- You conduct 24/7 shifts with your team to make sure we're always up and running
- You implement and deploy "machine room" services and tooling that help the other teams of the organization to accelerate and automate all processes along the way
- You optimize systems for maximum performance and proactively pay attention to scalability, performance and availability of our systems
- As a Senior Engineer, you are part of an ambitious team of experienced engineers, who strive to grow and to learn from each other every day
- You have a deep understanding of modern information technology and agile processes
- You gathered relevant working experience as a Systems Engineer / Platform Engineer in a dynamic company environment
- You have experiences in the areas of container technologies, distributed systems, microservices and APIs
- You know "DevOps" does not refer to people but to a culture, and you're able to explain it
- You are a responsible team player
- You are curious person and you have a pragmatic mindset
- You feel comfortable in working with Linux, Docker, Ansible, Networks, Golang, Python, Bash, AWS and such
- You have an agile and lean mindset, you enjoy responsibility and love your work
- You are fun to work with and you actively contribute to our company culture
- You have the strong will and ability to learn fast and you are able to explain complex matters to different audiences
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus
- You have at least one hobby besides coding
- We are a tech company with a banking license and we change banking forever. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship, and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
At solarisBank, we are committed to nurture an inclusive environment, where all solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communicates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.