Who We Are:
Solana is a high performance blockchain that can enable growing decentralized applications and systems to scale without sacrificing security. Solana Labs is the team that built the original protocol, and is building both the validator client and applications on top of the Solana blockchain; therefore the team is highly specialized, and we’re looking for talented people who are willing to jump right in and use their expertise to help us build the Solana ecosystem. If you’re looking to join a fast-paced, problem solving environment in the center of blockchain infrastructure, cryptocurrency, and decentralized applications, then read on.
We are looking for a strategic and results-oriented Product Marketing Manager who is passionate about blockchain innovation and is experienced with 0-to-1 product cycles. This position will start off as a part-time position with 20 hour of work per week for 6 months. This role will be responsible for driving the adoption and growth of the suite of products Solana Labs is building, as well as developing value-based and quantitative communications and marketing materials that support business development, web, and written communications. You will work closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to bring new products to market. Finally, you will work to increase the brand presence of Solana Labs, with a focus on major social platforms. This is the first formal product marketing hire at Solana Labs, and an incredible opportunity to set the standard for product marketing in Web3 for cutting edge concepts and ideas.
- Develop and lead go-to-market plans for new product launches across the portfolio of products and identify areas to grow our customer base
- Define the target audience, positioning, value propositions, messaging, and channel strategy rooted in clear objectives and insight.
- Successfully lead and define a product marketing strategy, including collaboration, coordination, and execution of cross-functional product marketing initiatives with internal and external stakeholders for fast-moving launches and initiatives.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, competition, and the overall market to help strengthen the value proposition of the product portfolio
- Define meaningful measures of success for product marketing initiatives
- Build internal “sources of truth” for product marketing language on the company wiki and iterate with stakeholders on the processes necessary to support that information.
- Champion Solana Labs’ marketing experimentation culture by testing measurable and scalable program that you’ll optimize and launch based on learnings
- Develop and execute on a strategy to build the presence of Solana Labs on social platforms and other high value communication channels
- 5+ years experience in product marketing, including a software business-to-business marketing focus
- 4+ years experience in marketing and demonstrated ability to bring new products to market
- The ability to be strategic and analytically minded - you are not afraid to get into the data and you demonstrate strong business acumen
- Demonstrated ability in both collaboration and leadership, with the ability to align cross-functional teams around common objectives
- Ability to simply and clearly communicate complicated/technical topics
- A track record of spearheading launches and marketing campaigns that drove significant business results
- The ability to show empathy, and put yourself in the customers’ shoes
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- The ability to gather data, synthesize insights and leverage data to make decisions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be to collaboration and receptive to constructive feedback
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with strong opinions held loosely
Nice to Have:
- 1+ years experience in blockchain, or a blockchain-adjacent company
Part Time position working up to 20 hours per week for 6 months.
Salary: $50 - $150 per hour.