Who We Are
Solana is a high performance blockchain that can deliver the fast and friendly user experience that players desire, without sacrificing security. The Solana Labs team is highly specialized, so we’re looking for talented people who are willing to jump right in and use their expertise to help us build out the Gaming Solana ecosystem.
Like developing games? How about hundreds of games? Game studios from the biggest to the smallest are making great games on Solana, and we’re here to facilitate that development, especially in Korea. We are collaborating with some amazing studios and are looking for someone technically conversational in Korean to help some amazing studios with their blockchain integrations. If you’re looking to join a fast paced, problem solving environment in the center of blockchain infrastructure, cryptocurrency, and great gaming experiences, then read on.
To be successful in this role
- Develop, maintain, and support open source tooling and SDKs for popular game engines such as Unity and Unreal
- Main focuses are on player account management, security, inventory database integrations, interoperability. These will be open source tools, guides, and templates that will enables games and game service providers to interface with Solana
- Interact effectively with other team members and game studios, building on the Solana network.
- In addition to general partner support, this role is specifically for hands on support with Korean partners. Including meeting with our partners for in-person meetings and working with our partner engineering teams in answering their questions and helping these teams build on Solana, safety concerns permitting.
You ideally have:
- Fluency in Korean & English language a must, including both verbal and written communication
- 3+ years of experience in game development in Ugame dev, particularly in Unity and/or Unreal
- Experience building game tools and SDKs
- Scripting experience in writing/modifying code to improve monitoring and automation
- Interest in making fun blockchain games, a ton of them. We are enabling studios big and small, so the desire to context switch at times is required.
- C# or C++ experience (pref both)
- Rust familiarity to be able to interact with the Solana core protocol
- Solana/Bitcoin/Ethereum/Blockchain related open sources projects is a major plus
- An open source ecosystem experience