Position: Site Reliability Engineer
Who We Are
Solana is a high performance blockchain that can enable growing decentralized applications and systems to scale without sacrificing security. Our team is highly specialized, so we’re looking for talented people who are willing to jump right in and use their expertise to help grow the Solana ecosystem, improving the experience for validators, developers and token holders. If you’re looking to join a fast paced, problem solving environment in the center of blockchain infrastructure, cryptocurrency and decentralized applications, then read on.
To be successful in this role...
- Provide technical support to partners and ecosystem projects.
- Develop, manage, and enhance deployment infrastructure to ensure systems are scalable, resilient, and reliable.
- Build and manage CICD pipelines using GitHub Actions and Buildkite.
- Work cross functionally with other teams to provide support as required.
- Respond to incidents and support the engineering team.
- Participate in on-call rotations as required.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or equivalent/related technical field involving software/systems engineering) or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in similar roles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience running or working in iterative, agile software development frameworks with rapid sprint delivery
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems, comfortable working with the linux kernel.
- Experience working with decentralized blockchain networks.
- Experience working with GCP or AWS.
- Experience working with Bash Scripting or Shell Scripting
- Any experience working with Rust, C++ or C is nice to have
- Capable of working remotely with very little supervision, but willing to collaborate as a member of a globally distributed team
- Comfortable working with shell scripting
- Experienced with algorithms and data structures
- Excited to elevate a fast-growing startup and help shape the team
Perks & Benefits
- Very competitive salary and benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Generous wellness benefits and equipment/workspace budget