Basic Functions & Scope
Sokal Media Group is an automotive advertising agency, and we’re looking for energetic and detailed oriented professionals to join our team. The primary function of this position is to launch and optimize effective traditional media campaigns for our clients. This includes, but is not limited to, television ads, radio spots, newspaper ads, and any other advertisement venues pertinent to the needs of the client. Note that this role does not require digital media buying experience, as this is a traditional media role.
- Develop and maintain traditional media campaigns and related documentation, including approvals, revisions, and budgets
- Utilize media research resources to develop strategic recommendations to account executives and sales managers
- Understand and identify current events and known complexities of assigned local markets
- Negotiate media packages and rates from various mediums to ensure the highest value for all clients
- Evaluate new media opportunities and provide thorough analyses to all internal stakeholders.
- Optimize media campaigns from start to finish, implementing ways in which to improve each campaign throughout the duration
- Act as a consultant to all stakeholders, advising and implementing media buys that maximize performance and effectively utilize the given budgets
- Provide competitive analyses when building and defining target audiences
- Identify areas for improvement and develop long-term media strategies for clients, while researching new/untapped media markets that diversify our product offerings
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equal years of experience to demonstrate the necessary competencies required for the position
- Must have 3 – 5 years of traditional media buying experience in order to be considered
- Experience with STRATA is a plus
- Knowledge of advanced targeting techniques
- Understanding of market analysis and demographic specifics that make or break media campaigns
- Experience in the automotive industry is highly preferred, though not required
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences
- Good organizational skills along with excellent time management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and think critically
- Dedicated team player
Media Buyers are seated for 6-8 hours per day, performing constant motions such as typing and using other computer equipment. Certain situations may require bending, squatting, or lifting objects that do not exceed more than 25lbs.
What We Offer:
15 days of PTO
9 Paid Holidays
1 day off for your birthday
Community Work Environment
35-hour workweek (9am – 5pm each day with 1-hour lunch)
Free snacks and drinks
Great Health Insurance plan - Dental / Vision/ Life Insurance / Accident Insurance
And other perks along the way!