SoFi Stadium, the new home of the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers, is located at Hollywood Park, a 298acre sports and entertainment destination being developed by Los Angeles Rams Owner/Chairman E. Stanley Kroenke in Inglewood, California. The 3.1 million square-foot SoFi Stadium is the largest stadium in the NFL, as well as the ﬁrst indoor outdoor stadium. It seats approximately 70,000, expandable up to 100,000, with more than 260 luxury suites and more than 13,000 premium seats. SoFi Stadium has already secured Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football National Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028.
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium is hiring a Community Engagement Workforce Specialist who will be responsible for implementing, administering, and developing the project workforce and outreach program. In collaboration with Community Engagement leadership, the Community Engagement Workforce Specialist will work with various stakeholders to recruit, refer, and provide training resources and information in order to maximize the economic impact of SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park service area regarding site related employment. The Workforce Outreach & Development Specialist reports to the Director, Community Engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee local hiring initiatives of Hollywood park across all projects
- Work with staff and partners to develop an employment plan to meet Hollywood Park initiatives.
- Performs necessary tasks to achieve workforce program goals and compile data for reporting.
- Coordinate career fairs in conjunction with Community Engagement management team
- Interact and foster relationships with vendors, union representatives, apprenticeship programs, workforce agencies, life skills programs, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with local community organizations that will provide additional training and job opportunities.
- Collaborate and create notification and advertising of available workforce programs
- Foster long term relationships with external agencies and maintain a database of organizations and training programs.
- Act as an advocate in researching, referring and linking participants to mainstream resources and job readiness and vocational training
- Work with contractors & vendors to estimate the number of employment opportunities and required skills for positions.
- Performing other functions and activities as directed by the Director, Community Engagement
- 3 years of workforce development experience.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is preferred but not required
- Self-directed, extremely meticulous and organized, with an ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with a strong orientation towards relationships building and serving others
- Good decision-making skills, demonstrates proven discernment and is comfortable negotiating disputes
- Flexible and reliable outstanding colleague, always acting in the best interest of community, team and company.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Must have reliable transportation
- Proficient computer skills and understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, Excel, Word.
- Broad knowledge of workforce development agencies and training programs.
- Responding to calls and emails in a timely manner
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.