IPTV Technician 1
About SoFi Stadium Company
SoFi Stadium is an unprecedented and unparalleled sports and entertainment destination being built in Inglewood, CA, by Los Angeles Rams Owner/Chairman E. Stanley Kroenke. The first indoor-outdoor stadium to be constructed, SoFi Stadium will be the home of the Los Angeles Chargers and Los Angeles Rams when it opens in summer 2020. The state-of-the-art stadium re-imagines the fan experience and will host a variety of events year-round including Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028. Located on the site of the former Hollywood Park racetrack, the stadium is the centerpiece of a 298-acre mixed-use development featuring retail, commercial office space, a hotel, residential units, and outdoor park spaces.
The IPTV Technician will assist with IPTV programming and deployment, particularly operating the Cisco Vision Dynamic Signage Director and Crestron interfaces for SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park reporting to the IPTV Manager and working closely with the IPTV Lead Technician. Under supervision of the IPTV Lead Technician, assist with management of IPTV software and hardware as needed, support and implementation for major events including the Los Angeles Rams, Los Angeles Chargers and all private events. Provide general support to in regard to IPTV operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist the IPTV Manager and the IPTV Lead Technician in regard to IPTV operations for the Los Angeles Rams, Los Angeles Chargers and SoFi Stadium.
- Provide support and operation of the Cisco Vision Dynamic Signage Director.
- Assist with the management of Crestron deployments.
- Assist the IPTV Lead Technician with managing and overseeing hardware updates, replacement parts, connectivity, etc.
- Provide support for Major and Private events.
- Work closely with IPTV Manager, IPTV Lead Technician, Director of Engineering, Events Managers, Audio Engineer, etc. to ensure IPTV functionality is successful in all various activations.
- Implement and fulfil programming strategy as designed by IPTV Manager.
- Assist IPTV Lead Technician on implementation of maintenance strategies and protocols as defined by IPTV Manager.
- Collaborate with IPTV Lead Technician on troubleshooting protocols and procedures as defined by IPTV Manager.
- Assist with overseeing deliverables, quality control policies and overall IPTV SOP as defined by IPTV Manager.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 3-5 years’ work experience in IPTV implementation
- Intermediate knowledge of IPTV Systems (Cisco a plus)
- Basic knowledge of live event video production
- Basic knowledge of Crestron systems
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work within strict deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in all aspects of IPTV implementation
- Work well with other departments and organizational staff in order to collaborate and establish an effective workflow within a team environment
- Adapt to ever changing requests and revisions and must be able to take direction and perform in a timely manner
- Flexible in working hours including nights, weekends and holidays when needed
- Attend meetings, provide updates and communicate clearly
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment, climb stairs, walk long distances when required
Knowledge of the following equipment [Bonus]
- Cisco Vision Dynamic Signage Director
- Crestron systems
- Microsoft Office family; Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Cisco Vision Digital Media Player (DMP)