SoFi Stadium, the new home of the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers, is located at Hollywood Park, a 298-acre sports and entertainment destination being developed by Los Angeles Rams Owner/Chairman E. Stanley Kroenke in Inglewood, California. The 3.1 million square-foot SoFi Stadium is the largest stadium in the NFL, as well as the ﬁrst indoor outdoor stadium. It seats approximately 70,000, expandable up to 100,000, with more than 260 luxury suites and more than 13,000 premium seats. SoFi Stadium has already secured Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football National Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028.
As part of the IT Team, this role is expected to be responsible for two primary functions:
- Determining and providing POS and infrastructure support for the customer facing operations at this venue focused on Food & Beverage, Premium Dining and Merchandise services.
- Providing technical support to the business team based out of this location.
In addition, as time permits, this role may be asked to provide complimentary support to large events at other venues within the region or at other office premises.
The person in this position is expected to be able to have technical ownership over the site and equipment deployed. He or she is expected to use his/her independent skill, discretion and judgment to analyze and handle any loss of functionality, assess the impact of that loss, and take the steps necessary to fix the loss. Teamwork is a key attribute in this position.
When issues arise, this person is expected to keep the user base as well as management informed; and set clear expectations when a resolution can be expected. The individual in this role will be responsible for participating and working within our Service Management program, sharing all relevant technology challenges and solutions throughout the entire IT team. This will usually be delivered as an initial incident notification and in most cases, later followed up with a well-defined knowledge-based (KB) article.
A primary role for this individual will be to support revenue generating operations such as football events, concerts, and special events occurring at the stadium by providing the appropriate technical support. This role will supervise a group of Venue Tech Associates who will be the primary support at such events. It is expected that the Venue Technology Sr. Manager provide his/her specialized knowledge and be available for second level support (including analysis and independent problem solving) during the event as necessary.
Post-event, any issues that may have occurred during the event need to be followed up with the respective party in order to complete an analysis of the issue and determine the appropriate corrective action(s). Any equipment that needs to be replaced shall be sent back to the vendor using proper RMA procedures and continued documentation and tracking should be performed as previously stated.
Above all, the individual is expected to use his/her specialized knowledge to update and maintain the working condition of all technologies. It is the duty of the individual to ensure that all issues in his/her department are resolved timely and properly. Any issues that affect operations outside of his/her department must immediately be reported appropriately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a highly skilled level of programming and software systems knowledge, support and client satisfaction to end-users always.
- Ensures that all systems that support events and Legends operations are configured correctly, maintained and well supported to maximize use and availability by testing, analyzing, and modifying computer systems as necessary.
- Supports, monitors, analyzes, tests and documents user, PC and POS system related hardware and software problems within the Legends enterprise; including all custom and commercial applications.
- Utilizes specialized hardware and software knowledge to work with third party systems and hardware providers to diagnose and address issues. Offers independent judgment and creative solutions with third party vendors.
- Responsible for inventory, asset management.
- Assesses the validity of the requests as they arrive, ensuring that the details within the ticket are complete and that the impact and criticality of the issue is correctly assessed. Independently trains staff on how to respond to requests and assigns staff to respond to requests.
- Assists with daily ticket maintenance and management if staff is unavailable. Follows up on requests and annotates tickets as appropriate with progress and status. Ensures the requestor stays informed. Uses independent judgement and discretion and creativity to establish documentation procedure with staff.
- Makes pragmatic and creative recommendations on global system and process enhancements following analysis and testing of all systems.
- Ensures configurations, system features and site information are appropriately documented.
- Maintains a skilled knowledge of the organization and technology standards.
- Self-educates on all programs and systems utilized by the technology leveraged by Hollywood Park.
- Aids/trains others on systems and features, including hardware and software programs.
- Defines tasks and sets timelines to such tasks that need to be performed by other departments.
- Coordinates, oversees, and assists with the tasks assigned to other departments such as price changes.
- Maintain proper rapport with Partner/Client/Venue IT, Vendors, and Corporate IT.
- Establishes him/herself as the central hub and liaison with all technology at the venue and other parties.
- Responsible for communicating, promoting and adhering to IT standards.
- Independently determines which of the above tasks can be delegated to Venue Tech Associates
- Highly skilled computer proficiency with software knowledge to include MS Office and G-Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, service oriented and responsible.
- Strong customer service and presentation skills.
- Able to motivate themselves and a team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Eagerness to work in a rapidly changing, diverse environment and a willingness to accept ownership and responsibility of the IT staff they manage.
- Able to analyze user needs, problem-solving and reach creative solutions.
- Able to effectively lead a team and work independently.
- Comprehensive knowledge of program specifications, including hardware and software specifications.
- Versed knowledge of Intranet and Internet Technologies, servers and networking to be applied to all the job duties.
- Skilled understanding and application of network troubleshooting including TCP/IP, VLAN’s, and wireless.
- The ability to apply a specialized knowledge to working computer and POS programming systems
- Experience working with managed service providers.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information and systems.
- Knowledge of security, compliance requirements and practices.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk (or a combination of all three) for up to 10 hours a day.
- Ability to lift up-to 30 pounds regularly and occasionally up-to 50 pounds.
- experience managing IT for sports & entertainment venue is preferred
- BS/BA (Associates will be considered) with 2+ years of relevant work experience preferred; minimum 1 year being IT focused
- 1+ year of providing IT customer training and mentoring.
- 3+ years of experience with supporting users, remote and local, in an environment with more than 100 users
- 1+ years of application support experience
- 1+ years of experience supporting POS systems, payment processing channels, time keeping solutions, and other operational system functions
- A+ and Net+ certifications strongly desired, Microsoft MCSE preferred
- ITIL knowledge and certification desired
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.