SoFi Stadium, the new home of the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers, is located at Hollywood Park, a 298-acre sports and entertainment destination being developed by Los Angeles Rams Owner/Chairman E. Stanley Kroenke in Inglewood, California. The 3.1 million square-foot SoFi Stadium is the largest stadium in the NFL, as well as the ﬁrst indoor outdoor stadium. It seats approximately 70,000, expandable up to 100,000, with more than 260 luxury suites and more than 13,000 premium seats. SoFi Stadium has already secured Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football National Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028.
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium is seeking a Human Resources Generalist, that will support the efficiency of the HR department by managing day-to-day activities and transactions which include but not limited to: processing new hire and off-boarding paperwork, benefit enrollments, and handling confidential employee data. The HR Generalist may also facilitate new hire orientations, prepare employee communication memos, coordinate and plan employee events/meetings, assist with the administration of employee leaves and, track employee training's, assist in full-cycle recruiting, and participate in recruitment events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the development of systems, processes, and procedures to improve upon the overall operation effectiveness and efficiency of the HR Department and business needs.
- Support the administration of on-boarding and off-boarding employees, employee leaves, workers compensation.
- Serve as first point of contact for HR department; responds to inquiries from staff and managers regarding established Human Resources policies, procedures, and practices; including applicable CBA language.
- Maintain a presence with employees, through attendance at department meetings, events and games.
- Maintain and organize department records, ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ensuring compliance of all documents and administering record retention and purging of personnel files. Managing internal HR inbox. Maintains organizational charts and employee data.
- Participate in the recruitment process to include and facilitating new hire orientation sessions.
- Develop and/or coordinate workplace culture and wellness events, employee incentive programs and employee recognition initiatives.
- Assist with documenting complaints; maintaining and managing records/documents for investigations to ensure compliance with company policy and Federal/State employment laws
- Liaison between payroll and scheduling departments as it relates to HR matters
- A minimum of 3-5 years of HR related work experience
- Experience working in a facility/arena preferred
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage and resolve complex and sensitive human resource issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, high energy, excellent follow-up and follow-through skills
- Strong knowledge of California, Federal and local employment laws including but not limited to ADA, FLSA, EEOC, Title VII, etc.
- Ability to resolve matters in a timely and efficient manner and recommend win-win strategies
- Strong analytical skills with ability to quickly summarize data
- Strong proficiency with Google Suites and ability to learn applicable business systems.
- HR Systems knowledge (Greenhouse, ADP Workforce Now, ABI)
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively with diverse workforce
- Able to work with a sense of urgency to perform administrative tasks efficiently
- Labor relations experience working in an environment with multiple unions
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.