Administrative Assistant, Programming
SoFi Stadium is located at Hollywood Park and will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
Hollywood Park is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to serve as the Administrative Assistant, Programming. Reporting to the Booking & Programming Specialist, the Administrative Assistant, Programming will support the Programming department by assisting with master calendar management within SoFi Stadium, performance venue, and site. This role requires strong project management skills, business analysis skills as well as the ability to understand and articulate technical concepts while keeping in mind the many moving parts and needs of many stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Administrative Assistant, Programming will work closely with the Booking & Programming Specialist to assist with venue calendar and space management, data collection, clean up and analysis.
- Maintains constant communication regarding the event calendar with Conversion Calendar Manager to ensure that all events are coordinated into the schedule with buffers for all operations and conversion needs.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Support in creating the documentation for how each workflow comes together and explain it to new and existing team members.
- Assist the Booking & Programming Specialist with VenueOps integration projects as needed.
- Schedule calls, meetings and appointments.
- Prepare pre meeting agendas as well as follow up action items.
- Provide excellent customer service and response to the Hollywood Park community and external clients for all venues and campus proper.
- Execute on key research and analysis that leads to actionable recommendations for different functional areas of the business
- Daily office assistance including but not limited to answering phones, mail & FedEx pick up and sending, filing, organizing, and ordering supplies.
- Administrative support to the department head, calendar ownership and additional assignments as needed.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are a highly technical problem solver that seeks to innovate through automation and insight. You are process driven and you’re great at “zooming out” to see the big picture, but also able to drill down to the nitty gritty details. You are a team player and enjoy collaboration. You have strong interest in music, sports, and the live entertainment industry.
WHAT MAKES YOU A GREAT FIT FOR THIS ROLE:
- You have a strong interest in music, sports, and live entertainment industry.
- You enjoy gathering insights and finding new angles to look at information from.
- You like to keep everyone in the loop - you don’t hold back communicating about goals, expectations, tasks, and feedback; you expect the same from others.
- You have strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- You have the ability to work effectively under time constraints.
- You strive to see things from others’ perspectives.
- You love the latest cutting-edge technology and innovation and have an ability to explain them and demonstrate their value with patience.
- Venue/event industry experience is tremendously helpful, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient in Google Suite products including Google Analytics
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point.
- 1-2 years of data analytics is a plus but not required but should be an area of interest for this candidate
- Experience creating and formatting digital documents — and have an eye for detail and aesthetics.
- Familiarity in venue operations with the ability to recognize the working parameters of booking events.
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, commitment, and dedication to job duties, promptness and timeliness.
- Ability to build and maintain productive, positive relationships through strong communication and social skills
- Impeccable ability to prioritize tasks, contribute to a healthy, productive work environment, and follow through on duties as assigned
- Keen attention to detail, strong conflict resolution, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be flexible and adapt to changes, when necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium strongly support equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.