SoFi Stadium, the new home of the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers, is located at Hollywood Park, a 298-acre sports and entertainment destination being developed by Los Angeles Rams Owner/Chairman E. Stanley Kroenke in Inglewood, California. The 3.1 million square-foot SoFi Stadium is the largest stadium in the NFL, as well as the ﬁrst indoor outdoor stadium. It seats approximately 70,000, expandable up to 100,000, with more than 260 luxury suites and more than 13,000 premium seats. SoFi Stadium has already secured Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football National Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028.
SUMMARY: SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park is seeking a Network Field Technician position to provide on-site technical support and a main point of contact for field work for the Network Administrator and Senior Network Engineers. Emphasis will be on hardware, connectivity, cabling, Wifi and application issues. Candidate must have strong interpersonal/customer service skills to work with 3rd party vendors. Candidate should also be willing to work flexible evenings and weekends. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park are passionate about the guest experience for visitors and staff we support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with unshielded twisted pair, single and multi-mode fiber optic, coaxial cable and all other types of cable (e.g. Structured Cabling).
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot intra-building fiber-optic cables.
- Terminate all fiber-optic connectors, manufacture and provide fiber patch.
- Use diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot problems, or repair cable (cable tester, fiber-optic light source and power meter, laptop computers, continuity testers).
- Conducts site surveys and assessments utilizing Wifi and network analytic tools.
- Provides support of peripheral equipment such as printers, scanners, and other devices.
- Assists and troubleshoots connection issues to applications, portals, and other systems.
- Ensures endpoints are patched and updated to compliant security standards.
- Tracks issue resolution to closure.
- Create, maintain and assists in updating documentation and procedures.
- Troubleshoots technical issues and document resolutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-4 years in IT/Network Operations and/or CCNA certified
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to rapidly changing priorities and ad hoc requests.
- Demonstrated ability to apply superior guest-service skills and techniques, including prompt response to users, maintaining professionalism under stressful circumstances, and following through with users to ensure needs were met.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and with a variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds. Candidate should also be able to work in a team and with other teams on event projects.
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN environments and some telecommunications.
- Experience in large scale Wifi deployments a plus.
- Experience in Data Center/NOC environments a plus
- Ability to work outdoors
- Ability to walk long distances daily
- Ability to carry and use tools and equipment
- Adequate ability to distinguish different colors of wire
- Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
- Ability to bend, stoop, and crawl
- Ability to lift to 70 pounds
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.