Hollywood Park will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat SoFi Stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
Guest Experience Dispatchers are a vital part of our event day team as they serve as communication liaison between Guest Experience Team Members and other SoFi Stadium (i.e. housekeeping, security, medical, etc.) teams and partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently contribute to a world-class guest experience at Hollywood Park venues that welcomes every guest, exceeds expectations through common sense and good judgement without compromising facility safety and security.
- Responds to all Team Member communications via two-way radio, phone, 24/7 Software Incident Management System (IMS) mobile devices, text or instant message. As needed, the Dispatcher will work in partnership with other resources to ensure that the appropriate stadium services are deployed to the incident.
- Manages radio communication on Guest Experience channels, as well as other channels such as telephone, 24/7 Software mobile devices, as well as text and instant messages.
- Work collaboratively with other service providers to ensure that the appropriate resources are deployed to various locations during events.
- Responds to Team Members’ inquiries regarding SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park policies, promotions, and events.
- Troubleshoot incidents that occur inside SoFi Stadium, along the immediate perimeter of Hollywood Park and/ or surrounding parking venues.
- Documents appropriate game day communications and instances in 24/7 Software IMS
- At the conclusion of each event, compiles and submits appropriate reports and other game day documentation.
- Perform additional functions and activities as directed by SoFi Stadium Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous public safety or first responder radio dispatch experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in venue events preferred.
- Previous experience (3+ years) in a customer service or hospitality role preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park policies, procedures, and other related information.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Professional presentation, appearance, and work ethic.
- Must be a team player who is able to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be available to work Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers football home games and all other major and/or ticketed SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park events.
- Fluently bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded professional sports venue. Employee may be asked to work at heights.
- Employee could be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time, move/traverse and climb up/downstairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.