Hollywood Park will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat SoFi Stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
Candidate will be responsible for Overseeing Video and Audio-Visual Engineering for SoFi Stadium and the Performance Venue. Technical implementation and maintenance of SoFi Stadium / Performance Venue Control Room, Audio, and Video Equipment, as well as assistance in overseeing and maintaining internal and 3rd party events, IPTV distribution.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Have fundamental understanding of 4K/ UHD Broadcast technology, IP routing and IP 2110 multicast architecture
- Install, maintain, modify, operate and support complex broadcast systems and equipment at SoFi Stadium
- Demonstrates consistently high standard of Engineering practices, assists installation of new equipment and has a strong understanding of CAD drawings and elevations
- Assist users with difficulties associated with non-linear editing equipment, video server systems, digital audio mixing equipment, video productions switchers, graphic platforms, camera/robotics systems, intercom systems, etc.
- Assist in planning equipment and facility maintenance, expansion, and improvements; coordinate facility maintenance with Director of Broadcast and Technical Facilities
- Assist in preventive maintenance and/or troubleshooting on all broadcast device, including but not limited to: video equipment and /or audio switching equipment processing and monitoring equipment and streaming equipment
- Daily multicast system monitoring of both primary and redundant infrastructure and network switches, equipment testing and optimization for continued operation of stadium technology
- Maintains software updates on all audio and video equipment inside the control room; train and engineer all Evertz video routing systems
- Assist in providing support material for development purposes; assess needed technological changes
- Procure equipment and parts; ensure adherence to accepted engineering practices and standards; check-out and check-in camera equipment and inspect upon return
- Ability to rapidly diagnose video system and IT problems and provide alternative solutions if needed to maintain production deadlines
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of IT equipment and systems; work closely with IT staff in supporting broadcast computing and networking systems
- Supervise, train and provide technical direction to assigned staff; oversees contract engineers and outside vendors in the installation and maintenance of broadcast equipment and systems as and when needed
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment, climb stairs, walk long distances when required
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equal Technical Degree in video engineering and/or 5 years of experience in video and broadcast engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the sports/broadcast entertainment field
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work well with others within a team environment
- Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
- Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person
- Be able to read and understand technical materials
- Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
- Able to concentrate for long periods of time
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
- Able to adjust responsibilities as we develop new opportunities
Knowledge of the following equipment (Bonus)
- Evertz Routing, Multiviewers, Dreamcatcher, IP Gateways, Sync Generators, Timecode Distribution, etc.
- Ross Acuity Switchers, Xpressions, Tessera, Dashboard, Incoder, etc.
- Sony 4K/ UHD Cameras, Controllers, Tripods, etc.
- ChyronHego Paint and Virtual First Down
- Riedel Intercoms
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.