Event Operations Lead
SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
The Event Operations Lead position will be responsible for assisting in overseeing the execution of specific conversions and other event operational tasks as assigned within the stadium. This position will be responsible for exercising sound judgement to assist and support the operations department with event set-up and tear down, loading dock management and the management of event related equipment for SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park and its Clients. Responsible for maintaining a strong understanding of the various tasks of work for each conversion, complete scope of work within timeline provided and assisting in directing staff, including temporary labor when necessary to complete specific tasks. Responsible for assisting with movement, pickup, delivery and installation of equipment, furniture and other materials.
The scope of this position encompasses 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week activities. On an annual basis these activities include approximately an estimated 250+ events via SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park venues. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park has a Fan First mentality, as such this person will ensure an exceptional experience and safe environment for all SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park staff and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads event operations and conversion staff who move, pickup and/or deliver equipment supplies, furniture and other materials. Arrange for the relocation and setup/tear down of furniture, equipment and other materials based on the needs of events and venue operation.
• Effectively lead shift crews by delegating duties, assigning tasks and following up with team members as directed by department management.
• Assist in maintaining and managing inventory and proper storage of conversion equipment, tools and supplies. Work closely with department management to ensure all equipment is accounted for and kept in good working condition.
• Assist with or performs maintenance and/or repairs for event operations related assets.
• Operates heavy equipment including but not limited to forklifts, pallet jacks (manual and motorized), boom lifts, scissor lifts, and reach forks.
• Assist with enforcing compliance with all SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park and applicable agency safety policies. Ensure that SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park policies, procedures and all safety requirements are administered properly. Ensure to address areas of non-compliance with SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park standards/policies with department management.
• Provide excellent customer service to the SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park community across all venues and campus property.
• Perform additional actions and activities as requested.
• Minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
• Strong project execution skills and attention to detail.
• Thorough knowledge of operations and safety machinery.
• Ability to maintain an on-going list by priority of projects and tasks, to assume timely and effective solutions to unanticipated client-focused issues.
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively and safely under deadlines, pressure and time constraints.
• Valid Driver’s license.
• Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis, sit, bend, stand, stoop, climb, grasp, stretch and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to operate basic office equipment and have working knowledge of computer software operations including but not limited to Microsoft Office and in- house systems.
• Previous experience in Event Operations or Conversions.
• OSHA 10 Training Certification
• Minimum – High School Diploma or it’s equivalency
• Preferred – Advanced degree or specialty certifications in the above related fields
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing at any time during the employment relationship. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.