Hollywood Park will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat SoFi Stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to serve as Specialist, Community Engagement who will be responsible for managing, developing, and implementing the community outreach plan for special events. This individual will build relationships with stakeholders, develop programs and overall initiatives to promote and enhance community involvement in special events and will report to the Director, Community Engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop, and execute community outreach events that build relationships with Los Angeles key stakeholders, non-profit organizations, and local elected officials and community members.
- Manage the day-to-day administrative operations specific to special events of the Community Engagement Dept. Including but not limited to budgets, purchase orders, contributors, event fulfillment, and scheduling meetings.
- Manage Community Engagement Programs surrounding special events that may include scholarship programs, youth football camps, appreciation events, & service activities.
- Oversee special event contributions to community stakeholders
- Supervise seasonal employees & volunteer committees as needed.
- Assist in development of marketing campaigns surrounding special events in order to drive community involvement and awareness
- Lead sponsors and partners in support of initiatives of SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park that benefit the Inglewood and greater Los Angeles community.
- Monitor and track impact of special events to community and stakeholders including number of associated events hosted, attendees, and contributions made and disbursed.
Education and/or Experience
- Four (4) or more years of experience working in community outreach and/or government relations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with a strong orientation towards relationships building and serving others
- Excellent decision-making skills, demonstrates proven discernment and is comfortable negotiating disputes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Must have reliable transportation
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-disciplinary teams
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) is strongly preferred
- Ability to work nights, weekends and potentially holidays
- Familiarity with community benefits programs, Development and Project Labor Agreements is a plus.
- Evidenced passion for community service, and a broad knowledge of non-profit organizations
- Responding to calls and emails in a timely manner
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.