Hollywood Park will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat SoFi Stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to serve as Manager, Community Engagement who will be responsible for managing, developing, and implementing the community outreach plan. Manager, Community Engagement will build relationships with stakeholders, develop programs and overall initiatives to promote, enhance, and build the community. The Manager, Community Engagement reports to the Director, Community Engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop, and execute community outreach events including underutilized business initiatives, workforce development, and site wide project updates.
- Create and foster strategic and mutually beneficial, relationships with local elected officials, community stakeholders, businesses, workforce agencies, and life skills training programs.
- Assist the development of programs for Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium, its sponsors and tenants, in line with community relations strategy and business plan including youth outreach, STEM initiatives, and other community benefit programs.
- Develop community outreach plan to inform stakeholders of Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium related activities including the use of websites, newsletters, newspapers, radio, social media, and other interactive communications in collaboration with Marketing and Communications teams.
- Vet community, non profit, and charitable organizations, develop summary documents, and represent Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium in the community.
- Coordinate and execute the participation of Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium in events related to the overall community relations strategy
- Create volunteer initiatives for staff and the community at large.
- Create and support initiatives to build community awareness of Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium, its tenants, partners, and stakeholders.
- Guide and support the Workforce Outreach and Development Coordinator
- Performing other functions and activities as directed by the Director, Community Engagement
Education and/or Experience
- Six (6) or more years of experience working in community outreach and/or government relations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with a strong orientation towards relationships building and serving others
- Excellent decision-making skills, demonstrates proven discernment and is comfortable negotiating disputes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Must have reliable transportation
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-disciplinary teams
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) is strongly preferred
- Ability to work nights, weekends and potentially holidays
- Familiarity with community benefits programs, Development and Project Labor Agreements is a plus.
- Evidenced passion for community service, and a broad knowledge of non-profit organizations
- Responding to calls and emails in a timely manner
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.