The Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located in Inglewood, California, right in the heart of Los Angeles. The project covers 298 acres of multi-purpose office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being the 70,000-seat SoFi Stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium are seeking an experienced accountant that is entrepreneurial and self-motivated, to work alongside our accounting team to help us build and scale our accounting operations, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, and internal control policies and procedures. The accountant will have regular interaction with the VP of Finance and Accounting, as well as the executive leadership team. The ideal candidate will have outstanding financial acumen, a passion for sports, media entertainment, and experience with rapidly growing businesses.
The person should have a team player attitude and demonstrate a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines to help us scale, grow and build something great! Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium has a Fan First mentality, as such this person will ensure an exceptional experience for all visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in ALL accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Work with accounting team to develop a comprehensive GL structure that will account for multi-venue, multi-event type and multi-partner accounting and reporting framework
- Assist in ALL aspects of internal and external financial statement preparation, including compliance with GAAP, GL structure, and adequate system of accounting records
- Work collaboratively with sales, operations, programming, league and legal teams on developing accurate accounting approaches for all revenues and expenses
- Assist with the development of comprehensive financial control processes
- Assist in transition of project accounting functions from construction to operations phase
- Serve as a technical accounting resource
- Prepare financial support for financial and tax audits
- Participate in a wide variety of projects and compile ad-hoc reports as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Public Accounting Experience
- CPA or CPA candidate
- 2+ years of relevant work experience; “Big Four” and startup experience a plus
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience with the following systems is a plus: Microsoft Great Plains, Altec/Doclink, and Eventbooking
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies
- Take ownership of issues and problems, find and enact resolutions and recommend process changes
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LASED strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.