SoFi Stadium, the new home of the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers, is located at Hollywood Park, a 298acre sports and entertainment destination being developed by Los Angeles Rams Owner/Chairman E. Stanley Kroenke in Inglewood, California. The 3.1 million square-foot SoFi Stadium is the largest stadium in the NFL, as well as the ﬁrst indoor outdoor stadium. It seats approximately 70,000, expandable up to 100,000, with more than 260 luxury suites and more than 13,000 premium seats. SoFi Stadium has already secured Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football National Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028.
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium are seeking an experienced accountant that is entrepreneurial and self-motivated, to work alongside our accounting team to help us build and scale our accounting operations, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, and internal control policies and procedures. The accountant will have regular interaction with the VP of Finance and Accounting, as well as the executive leadership team. The ideal candidate will have outstanding financial acumen, a passion for sports, media entertainment, and experience with rapidly growing businesses.
The person should have a team player attitude and demonstrate a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines to help us scale, grow and build something great! Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium has a Fan First mentality, as such this person will ensure an exceptional experience for all visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in ALL accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Work with accounting team to develop a comprehensive GL structure that will account for multi-venue, multi-event type and multi-partner accounting and reporting framework
- Assist in ALL aspects of internal and external financial statement preparation, including compliance with GAAP, GL structure, and adequate system of accounting records
- Work collaboratively with sales, operations, programming, league and legal teams on developing accurate accounting approaches for all revenues and expenses
- Assist with the development of comprehensive financial control processes
- Assist in transition of project accounting functions from construction to operations phase
- Serve as a technical accounting resource
- Prepare financial support for financial and tax audits
- Participate in a wide variety of projects and compile ad-hoc reports as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Public Accounting Experience
- CPA or CPA candidate
- 2+ years of relevant work experience; “Big Four” and startup experience a plus
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience with the following systems is a plus: Microsoft Great Plains, Altec/Doclink, and Eventbooking
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies
- Take ownership of issues and problems, find and enact resolutions and recommend process changes
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Sofi Stadium and Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.