SoFi Stadium is located at Hollywood Park and will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park are seeking an IT Sr. Network Engineer who can demonstrate a high level of competency to support a fully converged network that operates the stadium and site development. A self-motivated, reliable individual who works well in the team environment, is enthusiastic about new technology, likes to solve problems, and has effective written and oral communications skills, is being sought.
SoFi Stadium has a groundbreaking Cisco SMPTE 2110, uncompressed 4K/HDR broadcast solution operated in a true hub and spoke solution. Utilizing the Cisco 9000 series switching platform over 40 and 100G links in a fully redundant solution this network drives the venue’s groundbreaking Oculus video board and other campus displays. This 2110 network is the largest deployed to date for broadcast and video production, it is the first to operate in a redundant fashion and has the architecture to support the building and technology evolution for the coming decade.
An ideal candidate should be familiar with Cisco Catalyst and Nexus networking platforms and be able to understand, implement and troubleshoot configurations across devices in these families. Experience with general IT systems is necessary, and familiarity with network distributed video, collaboration and broadcast systems is highly desired. Familiarity with software defined networking/network programming and converged compute systems also a plus.
SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park are passionate about the guest experience for visitors and staff we support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain various WAN, LAN, security, wireless, and cloud networking devices in SoFi Stadium’s environment using industry best practices to ensure optimum network performance.
- Cisco VPN management, creating/managing ACL, and filtering outbound/inbound traffic and supporting Remote VPN users
- Management of IPS/IDS and Web filtering (centered around Next Generation firewalls) Management of firewalls, DMZ environments and clients/users Internet access protections
- Cisco 9000k series experience preferred
- Daily multicast system monitoring of both primary and redundant infrastructure and network switches, equipment testing and optimization for continued operation of stadium technology
- Work with third party providers such as ISPs, WAN providers and hardware/software vendors Plan, operate and troubleshoot dynamic routing across the global environment
- Ability to understand IP Network Convergence and architect/articulate secure networks to facilitate successful transport of multiple types of applications.
- Maintain a working knowledge of emerging trends in the Networking industry.
- Perform research and conduct POC’s to stay on top of emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Develop SOPs, and new operating models to expand efficiencies across the organization.
- Establish and maintain a Continual Service Improvement culture through various Research and Development initiatives.
- Responsible for installation of client/promoter/vendor network, broadcast, telecommunications and various other technology like Wi-Fi, IPTV, etc. needs for events and shows. Assist and support other team members as well as other departments in resolving any operational issues that affect clients/promoter/vendor/events.
- Work with various 3rd parties to facilitate, manage and execute any special event Technology requirements.
- Provide level IIII (advanced) support and provide guidance to the core IT teams. Advanced support includes packet captures, working with third party support groups, and providing mentorship to fellow team members.
Other duties entail:
- Ensure management and monitoring systems accurately reflect the configuration and operational state of the network environment
- Proactively analyze the network and related technologies to determine areas of improvement or reconfiguration - design and implement new network solutions
- Develop documentation and effective network diagrams for support purposes
- Network Security awareness and auditing threat alerts and mitigating to mitigate any network/system breach
- May be called upon for service issues or failures at any time.
- Document physical and logical network designs and speak to the nature of the designs to provide management with the details they require for their approval of new network designs and proposed network changes.
- Able to work event-based schedules
- CCIE Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and 8 +years of experience with firewalls, switches, VPN, LAN & WAN environments and/or equivalent combination of education and experience Sports & Entertainment venues Technologies.
- Events, Sports or Game Day experience preferred
- Ability to identify, interpret and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Strong desire to succeed for any given task - Takes ownership of issues and problems with the ability to find and enact resolutions and recommend process changes
- Must possess strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.