SoFi Stadium is located at Hollywood Park and will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
The Conversion Calendar Manager position will be responsible for overseeing all scheduling and booking of event operations and conversions within SoFi Stadium, performance venue, and site. This position will be responsible for coordinating the scopes of work for each conversion, estimating staffing and work duration requirements. This position will be responsible for networking with programming staff to ensure that full concept of event requirements are understood and planned. This position will also be responsible for assisting with administrative duties and quality control inspections to ensure that event operations and conversions are completed to the highest standards and within projected labor costing.
The scope of this position encompasses 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week activities. On an annual basis these activities include approximately an estimated 250+ events via Hollywood Park venues. Hollywood Park has a Fan First mentality, as such this person will ensure an exceptional experience and safe environment for all Hollywood Park staff and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains constant communication regarding the event calendar with programming staff to ensure that all event operations and conversion needs are coordinated into the schedule.
- Responsible for booking all event operations and conversion calendaring.
- Schedules event operations part-time staff to fulfill the required scopes of work for venue conversion(s) as necessary. Assists with the coordination of employee timecards and reconciliation/billing toward events.
- Proactively coordinates periodic maintenance tasks and other space blackouts into the calendar to allow facility and event operations staff to complete scheduled maintenance.
- Assists supervisor, as needed, with projection of labor and material costing for event operations and conversions.
- Assist in the task development, prioritization and quality control audits of the event operations and conversion scope of work to ensure that the highest standard of delivery and efficiency of labor are achieved.
- Assist with overseeing compliance with all Hollywood Park and applicable agency safety policies. Ensure that the Hollywood Park policies, procedures and all safety requirements are administered properly. Ensure delivery of training or retraining is completed to address areas of non-compliance with Hollywood Park standards/policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to the Hollywood Park community across all venues and campus proper.
- Perform additional actions and activities as requested.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in public assembly facilities management with increasing responsibilities.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Previous experience in event conversions or event management.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail. Ability to work effectively under time constraints.
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to walk, stand, sit, bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks. Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences and situations. Written communications to be concise, well organized, complete and clear.
- Experience in managing calendars, building scopes of work, projecting costs, and prioritizing tasks.
- Direct experience with Event Booking or Venue Ops calendar system
- Experience with ABI Employee Time and Attendance system
- Previous experience in event related project site
- Experience with project management software
- Minimum – Bachelor’s degree in Sport Management, Facility Management, Hospitality, Tourism, or related field
- Preferred – advanced degree or specialty certifications in the above related fields
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.