SoFi Stadium is located at Hollywood Park and will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
Reporting to the Director of Team Member Experience, the Manager of Scheduling will manage and coordinate the fulfillment of all event staff scheduling needs at SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park. The Manager of Scheduling will actively participate in the Team Member event date check-in process as well as serve as a facility resource that will troubleshoot and resolve Team Member matters that develop during daily or event shift. The Manager of Scheduling will also be responsible for providing pre-event and post-event staff costing reports to appropriate departments, as well as other information or data as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently contribute to a world class guest experience at the Los Angeles Stadium and Entertainment District at Hollywood Park (LASED) that welcomes every fan, exceeds expectations, and empowers our employees.
- Fulfill the assigned department scheduling requirements for events at Sofi Stadium and Hollywood Park. This process includes updating event templates, completion and delivery of schedules to appropriate individuals and departments.
- Manage the entry and upkeep of employee information in facility time keeping and attendance system.
- Preparation, coordinate and deliver various daily, monthly, annual and/or homestand employee-based and/or budgetary reports as requested.
- Address and document all Team Members challenges and work with department leadership and Event Staff Supervisors to develop action plans for future compliance/success.
- Provide support in the Guest Experience Department hiring process in the recruitment, interview and hiring of prospective event employees including but not limited to the development of interview packets and onboarding paperwork.
- Manage subordinate supervisors who oversee employees in various functions. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assist in the implementation of procedures within the department to establish and maintain customer service standards that are designed to ensure a positive and professional image and generate repeat business.
- Regularly celebrate and encourage Team Members, as well as actively participate in the LASED recognition program.
- Investigate, analyze and resolve Team Member problems and complaints.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of our event staff training.
- Actively participate in the production, inventory and distribution of employee identification badges.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality, Sports Management or related field of study.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in event scheduling or people management role, preferably in a stadium, arena, public assembly facility or hospitality/tourism industry is required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Access, and Outlook) and major facility management time keeping and scheduling systems (i.e. ABI, Ceridian and Kronos). Experience using payroll scheduling software is preferred.
- Experience in supervising, motivating and coaching high performing full-time and event related staff in a Public Assembly Facility.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively and to convey instructions or information to all levels both orally and in writing.
- Maintain a working knowledge in the areas of life and fire safety, guest accessibility and ADA compliance. Strong preference for experience in the sports industry and/or entertainment industry.
- Ability to receive and maintain confidential information.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred, but not required.
- A positive attitude and an ability to maintain a cheerful disposition and a smile while working hard.
- Consistent, punctual, and regular attendance.
- Professional image and demeanor.
- Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
- Must be able to successfully traverse the various levels and areas of the Hollywood Park campus with a strong physical condition and ability to stand, walk, climb or run for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work extended hours including nights, weekends, on-call status, and holidays as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.