Hollywood Park will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat SoFi Stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
Reporting to the Director of Team Member Experience, the Manager of Team Member Experience will manage and coordinate the fulfillment of event staff needs at SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park. The Manager of Team Member Experience will supervise the Team Member event date check-in process, uniform distribution, collection and care, as well as support game day resources and recognition programs. The Manager of Team Member Experience will also serve as a facility resource that will troubleshoot and resolve Team Member matters that develop during daily or event shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently contribute to a world class guest experience at the Los Angeles Stadium and Entertainment District at Hollywood Park (LASED) that welcomes every fan, exceeds expectations, and empowers our employees.
- Manage the Team Member non-event and event day need fulfillment, which includes but not limited to scheduling, event staff check-in, wardrobe distribution, equipment and resource allocation, collection and laundry, as well as necessary communications and updates.
- Ensure that Team Member website and other communications platforms are regularly updated.
- Manage the operation and staffing of the Team Member Experience Center.
- Coordinate the Team Member feedback process by maintaining a daily communication medium for documenting comments and suggestions, as well as conducting surveys and focus groups as needed.
- Address and document all Team Members challenges and work with department leadership and Event Staff Supervisors to develop action plans for future compliance/success.
- Provide support in the Guest Experience Department hiring process with the goal of selecting the best candidates to fulfill the necessary staffing levels for all major and private event.
- Manage subordinate supervisors who oversee employees in various functions. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assist in the implementation of procedures within the department to establish and maintain customer service standards that are designed to ensure a positive and professional image and generate repeat business.
- Regularly celebrate and encourage Team Members, as well as actively participate in the LASED recognition program.
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve Team Member problems and complaints.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of our event staff training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality, Sports Management or related field of study.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in event leadership or people management role, preferably in a stadium, arena, public assembly facility or hospitality/tourism industry is required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Access, and Outlook). Experience using payroll scheduling software is preferred.
- Experience in supervising, motivating, and coaching high performing full-time and event related staff in a Public Assembly Facility.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively and to convey instructions or information to all levels both orally and in writing.
- Maintain a working knowledge in the areas of life and fire safety, guest accessibility and ADA compliance. Strong preference for experience in the sports industry and/or entertainment industry.
- Ability to receive and maintain confidential information.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred, but not required.
- A positive attitude and an ability to maintain a cheerful disposition and a smile while working hard.
- Consistent, punctual, and regular attendance.
- Professional image and demeanor.
- Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
- Must be able to successfully traverse the various levels and areas of the LASED campus with a strong physical condition and ability to stand, walk, climb or run for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work extended hours including nights, weekends, on-call status, and holidays as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.