SoFi Stadium is located at Hollywood Park and will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
Hollywood Park is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to serve as the Event Programming Account Manager to support the Programming Team on all events. Reporting to the Senior Director, Event Programming, the Account Manager will manage every aspect of their assigned events from the advance planning stages through the end of the event and event settlement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Account Manager will work closely with the Programming team to manage and book events for the entire district.
- Lead day to day communication with internal and external stake holders across multiple departments finance, marketing, communication and event services to ensure event success.
- Support department leadership team with documents to help secure events including RFP bid responses, power point presentations, event analysis and marketing/communication plans.
- Support venues’ calendar management in collaboration with Programming Team administrator
- Source potential events and talent, negotiate contracts for vendors and potential clients
- Work with business groups to develop budget assumptions and track expenses on a real-time basis to ensure costs adhere to the approved budgeted amount(s).
- Support programming management team in managing relationships for existing events and nurture new relationships for potential opportunities.
- In collaboration with event manager reconcile key Event activities such as venue settlements and review all supporting documentation to ensure completeness.
- Manage, document and track the financial terms and obligations of relevant expense contracts.
- Establish and manage relationships with both internal departments and external vendors.
- Analyze current process and identify opportunities to improve and maximize efficiency.
- Lead and implement comprehensive event overview strategy to roll out to internal stakeholders including definition of roles and responsibilities for each event
- Work closely with Public Relations, Ticket Sales and Sponsorship departments to build and support strategic programs, initiatives and activations around booked events
- Support and contribute to the development of digital communications strategies including websites, newsletters and interactive communication for non-NFL events
- Special projects/other miscellaneous and departmental related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in event operations or programming preferably within a sports or entertainment venue or arena
- Bachelor's degree required
- Impeccable ability to prioritize tasks, contribute to a healthy, productive work environment, and follow through on duties as assigned
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills
- Keen attention to detail, strong conflict resolution, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to build and maintain productive, positive relationships through strong communication and social skills
- Knowledge of and contacts within the LA marketplace.
- Familiarity in venue operations with the ability to recognize the working parameters of booking events.
- Understanding of the facility management industry, including promotions of sporting event, concerts, family shows, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, commitment, and dedication to job duties, promptness and timeliness.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point.
- Must be flexible and adapt to changes, when necessary.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.