SoFi Stadium is located at Hollywood Park and will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Security, Venues and Events, this position will be involved with ensuring the daily safety and security of SoFi Stadium, American Airlines Plaza, the performance venue and surrounding Hollywood Park.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, directs, and manages the staff and operations of the Security department to provide security for day-to-day tasks in a manner which ensures the safety of the public and protection of assets.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of proprietary and contract security guards to ensure all personnel are knowledgeable of Hollywood Park policies and procedures, as well as able to provide excellent customer service to visitors and staff.
- Ensure that all security staff are properly trained in emergency procedures and maintain an on-going training/retraining program in order to maintain a high level of competence.
- Responsible for upkeep and maintenance of all security systems for the building.
- Proactively assist senior management in identifying and assessing strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, risks, vulnerabilities and threats to Hollywood Park.
- Oversees the thorough investigation and reporting of all security-related incidents and ensure that all matters are duly communicated to management in a timely manner.
- Works in partnership with the Inglewood Police Department and other law enforcement agencies on matters of safety and security as they relate to Hollywood Park.
- Creates summaries, narratives and metrics to aid in decision-making and measure the effectiveness of security operations.
- Assists with other related projects as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Police Science, or Security Management. (An advanced degree is preferred.)
- A minimum of ten years of experience in security, law enforcement, or related field
- 7+ years of management experience
- Experience conducting investigations including criminal, human resources, and/or safety incidents.
- Possession of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Card a plus
- Authorized Service Provider of First Aid training preferred
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships among several groups and deliver the highest level of satisfaction.
- Solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Ability to analyze problems, determine root causes, and identify and determine results-oriented solutions.
- Excellent organizational and time management ability.
- Must be knowledgeable and literate with computers and have sound experience with security technologies including CCTV, Access Control, Incident Management Systems and surveillance equipment.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules and perform operational duties in an emergency.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.