SoFi Stadium is located at Hollywood Park and will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
The Assistant Manager of Security ensures that the highest level of service is provided by managing the security operations for the Hollywood Park campus and its venues. Hollywood Park has a Fan First mentality, as such this person will ensure an exceptional experience and safe environment for all Hollywood Park visitors.
Reporting to the Vice President of Security and Senior Director of Security, this position will have the opportunity to assist in the implementing of the initial Hollywood Park security plan including the hiring and training of new staff, the establishment of responsibilities, and the administration of developing and consistently executing standard operating policies and procedures from the ground up. At the direction of the Vice President of Security, this position will be responsible for the following…
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deploy staff for events. Assign appropriate shifts, breaks, and necessary equipment.
- Train staff in basic Security skills. Actively monitor staff interactions with stadium guests, clients, artists/athletes, and employees at all events to ensure a safe, secure, and comfortable entertainment experience for all.
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff. Serve as mentor/coach to all Security employees.
- Provide timely, appropriate feedback to staff on performance, both positive and corrective. Effectively communicate escalated employee issues to Security Management Team.
- Administer appropriate performance reviews, counseling and corrective action documentations as needed to ensure compliance of department policies.
- Exhibit the ability to accept responsibility for the performance & conduct of the entire security team assigned to the deployment.
- Exhibit leadership qualities, motivate staff, and lead by example.
- Administer deployments and set staff positioning.
- Working knowledge of a Time Management System scheduling software, (i.e. ABI).
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Resolve escalated security situations, providing appropriate warnings and complete ejections/arrests if warranted/necessary.
- Always ensure enforcement and compliance of the venue’s Event Policies.
- Assist with directional and informational inquiries. Serve as escalation point for complaints/issues.
- Appropriately document all major/minor incidents.
- Represent the Security Department in an exemplary manner.
- Apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems in order to successfully perform and direct varied and complex tasks.
- Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without the loss of efficiency or composure.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Sports Management, or related field. (An advanced degree is preferred.)
- A minimum of two years of experience as a Security professional.
- Must have the ability to stand, sit in one location for a minimum of four hours at a time, crouch, and bend throughout the course of daily activities.
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- The ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts, and completing responsibilities in a timely manner are required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must have the ability to read, write, and understand English in a working environment.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in various parts of the facility.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.