SoFi Stadium is located at Hollywood Park and will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
The Director of Security ensures that the highest level of service is provided by overseeing security operations for the Hollywood Park campus and its venues. Hollywood Park has a Fan First mentality, as such this person will ensure an exceptional experience and safe environment for all Hollywood Park visitors.
Reporting to the Vice President of Security and Senior Director of Security, this position will have the opportunity to assist in the planning of the initial Hollywood Park security plan including the hiring of new staff, the establishment of responsibilities, and the administration of developing and consistently executing standard operating policies and procedures from the ground up. At the direction of the Vice President of Security, this position will be responsible for the following…
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With a Fan First mindset, plan, develop and implement programs to ensure the security of all Hollywood Park guests, employees, performers, public officials, executive management and clients.
- Assist in the management for services and activities involved in event and building security, emergency preparedness, and risk management, using independent judgment and personal
- Collaborate with local, state, and federal emergency services personnel such as Police, Fire, EMT’s, FBI, and Homeland Security, as it relates to standard practices and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Provide effective direction to staff in emergency response situations; update and manage facility Emergency Operating Plans with regular updates and
- Assess, develop and oversee the execution of security strategies and plans as required for the Hollywood Park to secure building perimeters, access points, staff work areas, Command Center, and Loading Dock areas.
- Assist in the management of the Hollywood Park security staffing operations during events and respond to incidents as required; coordinate the scheduling of external event staffing personnel including, but not limited to, off-duty law enforcement.
- Assist in the planning and scheduling of event day medical staffing and respond to medical incidents as required.
- Execute NFL Security Procedures & Guidelines, per the NFL Best Practices for Stadium Security and NFL Best Practices for Fan Conduct.
- Work closely with NFL League Security and visiting teams, as well as show touring security personnel to ensure seamless security measures.
- Develop and deliver written documentation pertaining to safety & security plans for small, medium, and large events, as well as the normal day to day operations of the facility including a Public Safety Policy Manual.
- Collaborate with peers and other departments to ensure the highest level of guest experience, including safety and security, while maximizing budget control.
- Manage and participate in the development and administration of the Security Department annual budget; forecast staffing, training, equipment, materials, and supply budget requirements; monitor expenditures; implement adjustments as
- Assist in the development security of operational training standards including the dissemination and implementation of the latest technology as well as employee training and development.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the Hollywood Park employee identification and access control systems.
- Conduct routine industry operational reviews; recommend modifications to the Hollywood Park Campus security and safety programs, policies, and procedures as deemed
- Interpret and apply City, State and Federal policies, procedures, laws and
- Oversee the recruiting, hiring, staffing, and training of the security team.
- Oversee and manage all Security Operations Center personnel and operators.
- Oversee and manage all security personnel for the District.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for all Hollywood Park staff, employees, and vendors.
- On-call, 24/7, as needed and based on Hollywood Park events and other
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by senior leadership.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the field of Security, preferably in a stadium, multi-purpose arena or similar environment.
- A minimum of five (5) years progressive supervisory management experience in Security with direct responsibility supervising and directing staffs across a wide-range of security operating functions in a changing environment.
- Must have direct and extensive experience of special event planning, threat assessment / risk analysis; operational characteristics, services and activities of live entertainment security and safety programs; crowd management and control techniques; principles of budget preparation and control; pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Experience in crisis management, investigation skills, security technology, life safety, risk management, payroll, and scheduling are required.
- General understanding of other areas of live entertainment venue management, including retail operations, building operations, production, building engineering, guest services, parking, and food & beverage operations is desired.
- Ability to demonstrate success in managing multiple tasks while under tight deadlines and financial constraint.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to interact effectively and in a professional, diplomatic and mature manner with internal and external clients and peers at all levels within an organization and throughout the community.
- Must have experience in managing a security operations or command center, with the ability to learn new systems as well as instruct subordinates.
- Past experience in oversight and deployment of security guards a must.
- Past professional work experience within a pertinent Federal, State, and local law enforcement capacity is preferred.
- Past experience with major international events, such as the Super Bowl, World Cup, Olympics is desired.
- Highly organized and able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment while meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Knowledge of and a passion for live entertainment, professional football, and large-scale events.
- Highly responsive to emergencies in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills.
- Ability to lead, give clear, concise direction and provide constructive feedback.
- Must be able to provide effective direction to staff in emergency response
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrate confidence and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have the ability to work in a multi-ethnic/multi-cultural environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of building high performance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.