SoFi Stadium is located at Hollywood Park and will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
The Manager of Operations – Performance Venue will assist in the management of operations and events occurring at the performance venue. The position will also coordinate onsite services throughout the Hollywood Park retail district and campus. The position will work closely with all departments of the Hollywood Park team, as well as with the Los Angeles Rams, Los Angeles Chargers, the NFL and other tenants.
The scope of this position encompasses 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week activities. On an annual basis these activities include approximately an estimated 250+ events via Hollywood Park venues. Hollywood Park has a Fan First mentality, as such this person will ensure an exceptional experience and safe environment for all Hollywood Park staff and visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing the setup/changeover/conversion of performance venue (PV), premium areas, artist spaces as well as all plazas and associated spaces from event to event.
- Manage and supervise in-house crew, stagehands and other technicians, including those not in the direct employment of the facility.
- Work with the Director of venue conversions to ensure all event needs, equipment and spaces are ready as required by the client.
- Coordinate all in-house A/V, sound and lighting, ensuring it is functioning and properly maintained.
- Manage and draw all CAD’s for events taking place within SoFi Stadium, American Airlines Plaza, PV and Hollywood Park.
- Assist the VP of Facility and Campus Operations on the buildout of the operating budget and all associated budgets for all contracted services.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance schedules, safety and risk management policies in compliance with all company and governmental regulations.
- Coordinate the setting up and working of support equipment for all stage presentations, and assembles stage crews for set-up, working and tear down of all stage shows.
- Interface with Los Angeles County Fire Department on all permit requirements and special set-up approvals.
- Actively collaborate with other departments and sub-contractors to ensure that facility and campus are operating at highest quality during events and non-event operations
- Perform additional actions and activities as requested
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in public assembly facilities management with increasing responsibilities
- Valid Driver’s license
- Knowledge of CAD systems, music industry operations, live event A/V and staging systems.
- Experience working with computer management maintenance systems (CMMS)
- Previous experience in supervising union and non-union work force
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to lift 50lbs, stand for long periods of time, and walk long distances
- Previous experience in event conversions
- Heavy Machinery operations, lifts, forklifts, and power tools
- Experience in managing budgets and preparation of expenses
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.