SoFi Stadium is located at Hollywood Park and will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
The Event Operations Coordinator position will be responsible for overseeing all conversions and other event operational tasks within the stadium. This position will be responsible for coordinating the scopes of work for each conversion, estimating staffing requirements to complete scope of work within timeline, and directing staff, including temporary labor when necessary, to complete scope of conversion/task. The position will be responsible for assisting with the onsite training of part time and temporary staff. Responsible for assisting with movement, pickup, delivery and installation of equipment, furniture and other materials. Responsible for executing and leading others in the daily and continual preparation and upkeep of the venue and campus.
The scope of this position encompasses 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week activities. On an annual basis these activities include approximately an estimated 250+ events via Hollywood Park venues. Hollywood Park has a Fan First mentality, as such this person will ensure an exceptional experience and safe environment for all Hollywood Park staff and visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads event operations and conversion staff or other who move, pickup and/or deliver equipment supplies and other materials. Arrange for the relocation and setup/tear down of furniture, equipment and other materials based on the needs of events and venue operation.
- Assists supervisor, as needed, with scheduling, supervision and management of event operations and conversion staff.
- Leads others in setting up and breaking-down event equipment and furniture.
- Assists with or performs maintenance and/or repairs for event operations related assets.
- Operates heavy equipment including but not limited to forklifts, pallet jacks (manual and motorized), boom lifts, scissor lifts, and reach forks.
- Assist in the task development, prioritization, and quality control audits of the event operations/conversion scope of work.
- Assist with overseeing compliance with all Hollywood Park and applicable agency safety policies. Ensure that the Hollywood Park policies, procedures and all safety requirements are administered properly. Ensure delivery of training or retraining is completed to address areas of non-compliance with Hollywood Park standards/policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to the Hollywood Park community across all venues and campus proper.
- Perform additional actions and activities as requested
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in public assembly facilities management with increasing responsibilities
- Valid Driver’s license
- Previous experience in event conversions or event management
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail. Ability to work effectively under time constraints
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously. Must be able to lift up to 15-50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to walk, stand, sit, bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks. Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills. Experience supervising small teams of staff
- Direct experience with Event Booking or Venue Ops calendar system
- Previous experience in event related project site
- Experience with project management software
- Minimum – Bachelor’s degree in Sport Management, Facility Management, Hospitality, Tourism, or related field
- Preferred – advanced degree or specialty certifications in the above related fields
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.