SoFi Stadium is located at Hollywood Park and will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
The Director of Housekeeping will supervise and manage the janitorial and housekeeping sub-contractor and their daily operations. The daily essential functions are to ensure that the stadium, performance venue and district are exceptionally clean and well maintained. The Director of Housekeeping will need to lead, direct and maintain the staff necessary to clean and maintain the stadium and entertainment district. The janitorial and housekeeping sub-contractor will provide services to the stadium on event and non-event days, hardscape cleaning, parking lot cleaning and associated employee and staff offices. The Director of Housekeeping will be responsible for seeing that the expected level of cleanliness and service is meet on a daily basis. Additionally, the Director of Housekeeping will be responsible for managing the housekeeping budgets for both event and non-event operations along with supplies, purchasing and inventory tracking and spend. The position will work closely with all departments of the Hollywood Park team, as well as with the Los Angeles Rams, Los Angeles Chargers, the NFL and other tenants.
The scope of this position encompasses 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week activities. On an annual basis these activities include approximately an estimated 250+ events via Hollywood Park venues. Hollywood Park has a Fan First mentality, as such this person will ensure an exceptional experience and safe environment for all LASED staff and visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly coordinate, plan and manage daily, weekly, monthly and annual housekeeping and janitorial subcontractor work plans to ensure Hollywood Park standards are met in compliance with janitorial operations and contractual service obligations within the specified budget of labor and expense. Document all periodic and preventative janitorial work in computerized management software.
- Coordinate janitorial setup and staffing for events in all Hollywood Park venues and campus.
- Supervise proper cleaning techniques are being used with regard to the finishes and materials within the scope of work.
- Schedule, perform and report on housekeeping performance designed to ensure the highest cleanliness standards are being upheld. Create remediation plans for corrective actions as necessary.
- Manage compliance with all Hollywood Park and applicable agency safety policies. Ensure that the Hollywood Park policies, procedures and all safety requirements are administered properly. Ensure delivery of training or retraining is completed to address areas of non-compliance with Hollywood Park standards/policies.
- Manage supply systems; spending, ordering and inventory. Perform routine audits and generate related reports of budget usages.
- Establish and manage quarterly janitorial status/analysis meetings with appropriate staff/contractor.
- Provide excellent customer service to the Hollywood Park community across all venues and campus proper.
- Perform additional actions and activities as requested
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public assembly facilities janitorial management with increasing responsibilities
- Valid Driver’s license
- Knowledge of cleaning systems, techniques and technology including housekeeping best practices
- Previous experience in supervising contracts and a janitorial based work force
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail. Ability to work effectively under time constraints
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suite different audiences and situations. Written communications to be concise, well organized, complete and clear
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously. Must be able to lift up to 15-50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to walk, stand, sit, bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks. Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment.
- Janitorial equipment operations, scrubbers, forklifts, power tools and dilution centers.
- Experience in managing and analyzing budgets including generating projections and capital planning
- Experience in the management and execution of laundry operations
- Previous experience in event conversions
- Minimum – Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Environmental Studies, Tourism, Sport Management, or related field
- Preferred – advanced degree or certifications in the above related fields
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.