SoFi Stadium is located at Hollywood Park and will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park is seeking a Director of Ticket Operations to oversee the building of the Ticket Operations team and its on-going management of event operations on behalf of its tenants and events. The ideal candidate is someone who has successfully opened a new facility and helped to build a Ticket Operations department from the ground up. Additionally, this person should have a Fan First mindset, and be able to independently problem solve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with venue directors to ensure efficient operations of the box office in each facility.
- Maintain the ticketing system and facilitate efficient communication between the ticketing partner, tenants and platforms.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with all of the current tenants in each facility.
- Coordinate all event information between the promoter, facility personnel and the ticket company in a timely manner to ensure an accurate ticket build for all ticketed events.
- Work with event promoters and appropriate personnel to establish ticket pricing, scaling and seating configurations.
- Establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with the promoter and other show personnel.
- Build and modify all ticketed events when necessary.
- Establish event files that correctly document how the show was built, with all of the event build details as well as any requested changes to the event over the life of the event.
- On a daily basis, properly track all holds, comps, audits and ticket inventory schedules.
- Manage internal, external and groups ticket orders, including strict limitations on complimentary ticket distribution as well as prompt, efficient turn-around times on all orders.
- Act as the on-site Box Office representative on the day of events for all production changes, artist/promoter/VIP program needs, and all other box office related responsibilities including participating in the event settlement process.
- On event nights, settle all box office activity with a prepared and complete box office statement.
- Properly balance the daily sales of the ticket sellers with regard to the number of tickets sold, money received from ticket sellers and the seller's bank at the end of the day.
- Audit the daily transactions and prepare the end of the day bank deposits.
- Train appropriate box office personnel on latest ticketing products and technologies to optimize box office operations
- Train appropriate team members on the use of the ticketing system
- Provide exceptional guest service
- Supervise, instruct, and train ticket sellers as to the proper selling procedures.
- Efficiently and courteously answer questions concerning prices, seating and events.
- On a daily basis, accurately monitor the inventory of all tickets being distributed and available for sale.
- Pay close attention to upcoming events with high/low sales volume, adjusting allotments to maximize availability and/or profit.
- Develop, monitor and ensure that ticketing related financial information is easily and readily available to the accounting department.
- Train the staff on proper cash handling procedures and maintain proper cash controls.
- Accurately record daily cash received, cash advance orders, change orders and vault balances.
- Prepare and submit a daily sales report of the previous day's business transactions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 8+ years related box office or ticket experience required
- Experience in customer service and supervision essential
- Experience with various ticketing platforms required
- Superior customer service and problem-solving skills required
- Knowledge and experience with financial procedures and managing statistics electronically
- Previous supervisor and leadership experience
- Advance computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to work irregular hours in addition to normal business hours as needed
- Excellent written and verbal skills, organizational ability, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively supervise box office staff
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.