SoFi Stadium is located at Hollywood Park and will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
The Director of Engineering is responsible for the daily operation of the engineering systems, technology and infrastructure for SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park. The position will provide insight, expertise and leadership in the area of facility fundamental systems management in building engineering. The position shall also provide expertise and guidance to NFL Teams, business partners, third-party vendors and the initial development and construction teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the stadium physical plant and all related building systems. This includes daily non-event facility operations, preventative and repair maintenance, and capital expense matrix
- Oversees the fundamental systems of the 6000 seat Performance Venue. This responsibility involves managing the facility engineering, third party venders, contractors and overall operational budget
- Direct oversight of all Electrical, Plumbing, Gas, and water utility services.
- The position will oversee all HVAC, chiller plant and cooling towers, fire alarm, lighting and building management system requirements.
- Infrastructure and management of all facility presentation systems. This includes all indoor and outdoor large screen displays, all scoring and timing systems, house audio systems, lighting control and IPTV systems.
- Develop along with Sustainability personal an energy management program to include training and implementation of energy saving initiatives in building operations.
- Plan and design the organization for the back of house management team. Develop job responsibilities, hire new staff and direct staff to provide the highest quality service to all internal and external clients.
- Management of sub contracted fundamental system services.
- Long-Term budgeting and capital improvement/expense planning
- Schedule and direct the union and non-union labor associated with the daily engineering operations of the LASED.
- Work with internal departments to ensure that facility is operating at highest quality during event and non-event times
- Implement and manage building BAS System. This includes the application of administrative policies and procedures, implementing the new system, training users and eventual tracking and reporting of all facility maintenance.
- 5-7 years’ experience in public assembly facilities management with increasing responsibilities
- HVAC and mechanical systems management
- Expert Knowledge with BMS and CMMS systems
- Previous experience in supervising union and non-union work force
- Visibility and participation in union labor agreement contract negotiations
- Ability to use data and analytics to achieve efficient utility systems
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to lift 50lbs, stand for long periods of time, and walk long distances
- Previous experience in maintenance of vertical transportation systems.
- Significant experience with heavy machinery operations; lifts, forklifts, and power tools
- Experience in managing budgets and preparation of capitol expense matrix
- Knowledge with OSHA and Cal OSHA regulations
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.