SoFi Stadium is located at Hollywood Park and will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
This position supports key Human Resource (HR) functions by managing and/or supporting activities and/or programs in Payroll and Benefits. This position has management oversight and responsibility for the payroll and benefits functions including processes and procedures, policies, system administration, communication, and compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises all aspects of the payroll function in the preparation and processing of payroll, including maintenance changes, scheduled deductions, wage garnishments, and tax reporting.
- Audits payroll process to ensure accuracy of the payroll process, compiles data from a wide variety of sources (e.g. time sheets/payroll, salary adjustments, tax deposits, etc.) for the purpose of analyzing issues, makes recommendations regarding policies and procedures and ensures compliance with mandated requirements.
- Prepares and oversees the preparation of a variety of payroll-related documents (e.g. payment adjustments, retirement plan transfers, stop payments) and researches discrepancies of payroll information (e.g. time sheets, leave accruals, overpayments, underpayments, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and issues, meeting compliance requirements, and providing audit references.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures and all regulatory payroll requirements and federal and state laws (Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division, Fair Labor Standards Act, Social Security, Internal Revenue Service, garnishment laws, state payday laws, etc.); stays abreast of changes and new developments by researching and interpreting associated regulatory and legal requirements for payroll processing.
- Prepares monthly report reconciling payroll entries and general ledger entries.
- Manages the annual benefits open enrollment, including self-service, vendor interface files, testing, employee communications and presentations, and implementation of changes.
- Manages the reconciliation process and requests for payment of all benefit-related invoices (medical, dental, vision, COBRA administration, FMLA administration, and others) on a monthly basis and in a timely manner.
- Maintains strong knowledge of benefits related compliance areas and perform needed activities associated to complying with federal, state and local regulations related to benefits including, but not limited to COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, HIPAA.
- Oversees set-up of benefit files and processing of benefits forms for new employees.
- Responsible for security of benefit files and information.
- Reviews medical plan reports to monitor utilization of benefits and claims experience.
- Reviews benefit programs to ensure plans meet objectives of the organization.
- Oversees COBRA administration of third-party vendor.
- Manages employee leaves of absence processes (FMLA, medical, extended, compassionate) and maintains records for all employees on leaves of absence.
- Oversees FMLA administration through the third-party vendor.
- Manages the benefit plans to ensure the plans operate in accordance with the plan documents and vendor service agreements and assists in resolving issues.
- Manages the preparation and execution of benefit documentation (e.g. original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements, plan documents, summary plan descriptions, etc.).
- Maintains employee benefits data in the human resources information system and coordinates the transfer of data to external vendors, plan providers, auditors and consultants.
- Prepares and communicates information to employees and former employees about benefits programs, procedures, changes, and government-mandated disclosures.
- Prepare and distribute written and verbal communication to inform employees of benefits.
- Completes the audit(s) and survey(s) required by law and requested from the Department of Labor and/or other government entity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 years payroll and benefits experience at a management level that includes a thorough understanding of the administration and regulatory/legal requirements of payroll processing and benefit plans
- Strong accounting skills that include transaction balancing and reconcilements
- Experience with FMLA regulations and administration
- 5 years supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge of HR related state and federal laws and regulations is preferred
- Experience with report writing
- Experience using ADP is preferred
- Bachelors degree in business or human resources related field is preferred
- PHR and/or CPP Certification is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, communication, and decision-making skills
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills with the ability to successfully interact with all levels of employees
- Strong collaboration and team building skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.