SoFi Stadium is located at Hollywood Park and will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
Reporting to the Manager of Event Services, the Event Specialist will be charged with the responsibilities of supervising the day to day coordination and execution of events at the SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park. This position will work closely with internal and external resources to ensure seamless development and communication of all event related details.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently contribute to a world class guest experience at the SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park that welcomes all fans, exceeds expectations and empowers our employees.
- Coordinates assigned events and activities at the SoFi Stadium, Performance Venue and throughout Hollywood Park by developing and timely distribution of appropriate CAD drawings, event orders, costing estimates, production notes and fact sheets to all internal and external contacts, as well as third party contractors and vendors.
- Serves as the turn-key liaison for managing client relationships as it pertains to assigned events hosted at SoFi Stadium, Performance Venue and throughout Hollywood Park.
- Manages and maintains accurate billing information for each assigned event, including the verification and processing of invoices for all vendors used.
- Conducts and delivers requested event research and summary information as needed.
- Maintains applicable event/client notes throughout the event cycle.
- Assists in training development and facilitation pertaining to crowd management and emergency preparedness.
- Supervises all event related staffing for assigned occasions, which includes but not limited to pre-event briefings, staffing deployments and breaks, as well as appropriate close out.
- Follows event coordination process for all activities at the SoFi Stadium, Performance Venue and throughout Hollywood Park by supervising and training Event Coordinators on how to properly plan, organize, communicate and execute day to day event details with internal stakeholders, subcontractors and external contacts.
- Ensures the successful implementation of operating procedures that meets facility and industry best practices, as well as guarantees all codes, laws, ordinances, policies, procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures are followed.
- Develops and maintains a harmonious working relationship with other tenants, facility contractors, county emergency personnel, subcontractors and stakeholders.
- Assists in the implementation of our event staff training.
- Occasional travel to attend training, trade shows, meetings, and conferences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality, Sports Management or related field of study.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in event management in a stadium, arena, public assembly facility or hospitality/tourism industry is required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Access, and Outlook).
- Extensive experience in the development, distribution and maintenance documents in Auto CAD software.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills; Ability to communicate effectively and to convey instructions or information to all levels both orally and in writing.
- Maintain a working knowledge in the areas of life and fire safety, guest accessibility and ADA compliance; strong preference for experience in the sports industry and/or entertainment industry.
- Ability to receive and maintain confidential information.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred, but not required.
- A positive attitude and an ability to maintain a cheerful disposition and a smile while working hard.
- Consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Professional image and demeanor.
- Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
- Must be able to successfully traverse the various levels and areas of the Hollywood Park campus with a strong physical condition and ability to stand, walk, climb or run for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work extended hours including nights, weekends, on-call status, and holidays as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.