DEVOPS ENGINEER | BOSTON, MA
We’re Sofar Sounds, a global music community. We bring people together in unexpected spaces in over 400 cities around the world. We’re artists, music lovers and organisers. We’re a company of musicians for musicians. We create, perform, listen and work to make intimate live music experiences that connect us all. Every show is focused on the artist.
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our growing engineering team.
As our first DevOps hire, you’ll play a critical part in ensuring we have a technical foundation which can support major growth in our user base, capabilities, and the number of teams who develop on our platform.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Make major contributions to the design and implementation of our internal and external infrastructure
- Support teams as an expert in operational challenges, helping build systems which are highly available, performant, and degrade gracefully when they need to
- Work with engineers and stakeholders to understand how we can improve productivity, including increasing the rate we release improvements and simplifying tasks through automation
- Expand our monitoring and remediation capabilities so we can know a service is unhealthy and respond before our users notice
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a wide range of experience, from troubleshooting Linux systems, to designing multi tiered applications, to writing code
- You have experience with cloud based hosting solutions
- You prefer to work collaboratively with others in pairs or small groups
- You use data to inform decisions around tradeoffs and priorities
- You have some familiarity of React, Ruby on Rails, Heroku, or similar frameworks
- You have experience working across multiple engineering teams
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
We are proud to have a global workforce and strive towards having a diverse workplace. We have an Equity Council, Employee Resource Groups and ongoing learning and development in this area - DEI is important to us and our culture.
COMPENSATION, PAY EQUITY & BENEFITS
Our people and global communities are precious - we aim to treat them as such. At Sofar we feel strongly about the compensation and benefits that we provide across the board so that no matter your skill set or experience you’re paid fairly according to market rate, plus your health and wellbeing is supported through our local benefits packages.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
We invest in your learning and development and strive to create a learning culture through workshops, training, and a personal L&D budget and learning path.
We’ll work with you closely to support you throughout the hiring process. If your CV/ resume shows that your skills and experience have synergy with the job description, then we’ll hop on a call to say “Hello” and to start getting to know one another. If it’s not the right opportunity this time, we’ll always let you know.
Typically our hiring process takes a maximum of 4 weeks end to end. You’ll be guided through the process by our Talent team and an interview panel of lovely humans who will give you support and feedback throughout - we’ll do our very best to create an interview environment that brings out the best in you and sets you up for success.
If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to meet you - come on in.