ENGINEERING MANAGER | BOSTON, MA
We’re Sofar Sounds, your global music community. We bring people together in unexpected spaces in over 400 cities around the world. We’re artists, music lovers and organisers. We’re a company of musicians for musicians. We create, perform, listen and work to make intimate live music experiences that connect us all. Every show is focused on the artist.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing engineering team, working with Product Managers and Designers to develop solutions that allow Sofar Sounds to put on hundreds of intimate concerts every week.
You’ll take ownership of the success and growth of a group of engineers across multiple teams. You’ll work on a wide variety of projects that serve concert goers, artists, and concert organizers, as well as creating a platform that will allow us to scale through our next phase of growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Mentor, coach, and grow the impact of multiple engineers
- Support one or more teams in maintaining high levels of technical health and quality
- Lead the delivery of features at a high rate of speed
- Shape the future of the Sofar technology platform
- Own and drive initiatives that interest you across the business
WHO YOU ARE
- Have lead or supported multiple people through challenging situations
- Maintain a strong technical understanding
- Embrace a servant leadership style
- Work cross functionally to drive change
- Look for data to inform decisions
- Have a passion for music and entertainment
- Experience managing multiple engineers across teams
- Knowledge of React, Ruby on Rails, and cloud hosting
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
We are proud to have a global workforce and strive towards having a diverse workplace. We have an Equity Council, Employee Resource Groups and ongoing learning and development in this area - DEI is important to us and our culture.
COMPENSATION, PAY EQUITY & BENEFITS
Our people and global communities are precious - we aim to treat them as such. At Sofar we feel strongly about the compensation and benefits that we provide across the board so that no matter your skill set or experience you’re paid fairly according to market rate, plus your health and wellbeing is supported through our local benefits packages.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
We invest in your learning and development and strive to create a learning culture through formal and informal workshops, training, and a personal L&D budget and learning path.
We’ll work with you closely to support you throughout the hiring process. If your CV/ resume shows that your skills and experience have synergy with the job description, then we’ll hop on a call to say “Hello” and to start getting to know one another. If it’s not the right opportunity this time, we’ll always let you know.
Typically our hiring process takes a maximum of 4 weeks end to end. You’ll be guided through the process by our Talent team and an interview panel of lovely humans who will give you support and feedback throughout - we’ll do our very best to create an interview environment that brings out the best in you and sets you up for success.
If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to meet you - come on in.