DATA ANALYST | BOSTON
We’re Sofar Sounds, your global music community. We bring people together in unexpected spaces in over 400 cities around the world. We’re artists, music lovers and organisers. We’re a company of musicians for musicians. We create, perform, listen and work to make intimate live music experiences that connect us all. Every show is focused on the artist.
We create space where music matters.There is no other feeling in the world like discovering and experiencing new music and artists. In any Sofar room, when the audience has hushed and that first note is played - it’s magical.
As a Data Analyst at Sofar, you’ll be part of a team on a data driven journey, working to better understand our global Sofar audience so we can shape a consumer experience like nothing else.
The role reports into our SVP Tech, Product & Design and works closely with the product and marketing teams to build a progressive philosophy around data measurement, to generate and communicate insights and lead optimization.
Sofar has worked with over 30,000 artists, hosted over 1,000,000 fans at shows around the world and engages with millions more online each month. You will be part of a music-adoring tech team who are passionate about creating an industry-leading culture that supports artists and introduces their music to new fans.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be the go-to on data optimisation; an advisor on experiments, developing our attribution and media mix modeling, creating segmentations
- Help us to quickly understand the impact of new campaigns and initiatives
- Be an analytics partner to different teams across Sofar, establishing scalable processes
- Drive analytics projects and experiments from end to end
- Turn business questions into an analytical framework, generate insights through analysis and compellingly communicate a way forward
- Collaborate with our Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion to understand consumer demographic data so that Sofar’s audience feel a sense of belonging during every part of their experience with us
- Build dashboards and bespoke reporting to answer critical business insights questions for multiple stakeholders within the business
- Work with the rest of the Tech and Data team to build solid foundations on top of our stack: Segment, Postgres and Tableau
- Work with our marketing team and their partners to ensure we collect the data we need to measure performance
- Help champion a data-driven culture throughout the company
WHO YOU ARE
- Established Data Analyst with experience in digital analytics
- An engaging communicator
- You’ve worked in a fast-moving e-commerce or consumer business at startup/ scale up phase
- You have a solid background working with a comprehensive suite of digital marketing channels e.g. CRM/email, social and paid social
- Retargeting and brand experience a plus
- A super thorough analytical approach, you think about the future and business questions through to measurable and actionable insights
- Understanding of relational databases and advanced SQL skills
- An understanding and experience with ETL processes preferred
- Knowledge of advanced statistics or machine learning techniques
- Experience using Business intelligence tools like Tableau
- Ideally you have experience of analysing data in Python and/or R
- Genuine, demonstrated commitment to supporting artists and local music
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
We are proud to have a global workforce and strive towards having a diverse workplace. We have an Equity Council, Employee Resource Groups and ongoing learning and development in this area - DEI is important to us and our culture.
COMPENSATION, PAY EQUITY & BENEFITS
Our people and global communities are precious - we aim to treat them as such. At Sofar we feel strongly about the compensation and benefits that we provide across the board so that no matter your skill set or experience you’re paid fairly according to market rate, plus your health and wellbeing is supported through our local benefits packages.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
We invest in your learning and development and strive to create a learning culture through formal and informal workshops, training, and a personal L&D budget and learning path.
We’ll work with you closely to support you throughout the hiring process. If your CV/ resume shows that your skills and experience have synergy with the job description, then we’ll hop on a call to say “Hello” and to start getting to know one another. If it’s not the right opportunity this time, we’ll always let you know.
Typically our hiring process takes a maximum of 4 weeks end to end. You’ll be guided through the process by our Talent team and an interview panel of lovely humans who will give you support and feedback throughout - we’ll do our very best to create an interview environment that brings out the best in you and sets you up for success.
If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to meet you - come on in.