CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER | LONDON, BOSTON OR NEW YORK
We’re Sofar Sounds, your global music community, bringing people together in unexpected spaces in over 400 cities around the world. We’re artists, music lovers and organisers. We’re a company of musicians for musicians. We create, perform, listen and work to make intimate live music experiences that connect us all. Every show is focused on the artist.
We create space where music matters. There is no other feeling in the world like discovering and experiencing new music and artists. In any Sofar room, when the audience has hushed and that first note is played - it’s magical.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will define and execute overall global marketing strategy - developing and executing campaigns for growth, expansion and engagement of the world’s largest global live music community. You’ll have a natural, heartfelt appreciation for Sofar’s vision and develop ways of articulating that vision to resonate with our target audiences.
Sofar has worked with over 30,000 artists, hosted over 1,000,000 fans at shows around the world and engages with millions more online each month. None of which would be possible without our amazing community of crew, hosts and concert organizers. You will be the leader of a creative, music-adoring marketing team who are passionate about creating an industry-leading culture that supports artists and helps connect them to new audiences.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead a global marketing department, overseeing all aspects of marketing, including brand, creative, product, content, growth and performance marketing
- Create a marketing strategy that affirms Sofar an integral part of an artist’s journey
- Drive growth of a global concerts business with through world-class analytical, growth marketing and a continual focus on artist support, community engagement and quality of experience
- Establish and refine our brand identity and awareness through all relevant channels
- Audience development - engage a global music audience that connects with Sofar to experience music from all kinds of artists anywhere in the world
- Work closely with the Sofar leadership team and a broad range of internal stakeholders to build relationships, understand requirements and provide strategic direction
- Take an analytical, data driven approach to understand and communicate product/market fit and overall success of our offerings
- Build global brand equity that resonates for artists, audiences and our global communities of hosts, crew and concert organizers
- Take the time to understand how others think and behave, each person’s cultural background, and what’s important to those people
- Get out and see some live music
WHO YOU ARE
- Proven track record leading a global marketing function within a growth-stage environment at C-level, ideally in music or a business serving creative communities
- Significant experience building and overseeing an all encompassing marketing department in a successful, high-growth, fast- paced startup/ scale up environment
- Built and lead a successful product marketing and performance marketing function, balancing analytical rigor and aggressive growth with a focus on our core mission
- Scrappy approach while building things to scale and achieving ambitious goals
- Successfully integrated brand, performance marketing, editorial, content and product marketing
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of content and multi channel distribution
- A demonstrable track record of growing a consumer brand within a creative industry, preferably music
- Celebrates individuality and thrives off the magic that other people’s authenticity brings in the form of different perspectives, talents and ideas
- Obsesses about the quality of the Sofar experience for our audiences, artists and each other
- Strives to create an environment where employees, artists and our audiences feel equally welcome
- A person who shares our passion for supporting artists and local creative communities
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
We are proud to have a global workforce and strive towards having a diverse workplace. We have an Equity Council, Employee Resource Groups and ongoing learning and development in this area - DEI is important to us and our culture.
COMPENSATION, PAY EQUITY & BENEFITS
Our people and global communities are precious - we aim to treat them as such. At Sofar we feel strongly about the compensation and benefits that we provide across the board so that no matter your skill set or experience you’re paid fairly according to market rate, plus your health and wellbeing is supported through our local benefits packages.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
We invest in your learning and development and strive to create a learning culture through formal and informal workshops, training, and a personal L&D budget and learning path.
We’ll work with you closely to support you throughout the hiring process. If your CV/ resume shows that your skills and experience have synergy with the job description, then we’ll hop on a call to say “Hello” and to start getting to know one another. If it’s not the right opportunity this time, we’ll always let you know.
Typically our hiring process takes a maximum of 4 weeks end to end. You’ll be guided through the process by our Talent team and an interview panel of lovely humans who will give you support and feedback throughout - we’ll do our very best to create an interview environment that brings out the best in you and sets you up for success.
If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to meet you - come on in.